3 Baton Rouge officers feared dead in shooting

3 minutes ago, Morisato said:

Yeah, you're right. Was trying to get a point across but that clip didn't really show what I meant. Can't arrest someone without probable cause and I am not sure how the law treats people making threats to others.

I think you quoted the wrong person.

25 minutes ago, Morisato said:

Yeah, you're right. Was trying to get a point across but that clip didn't really show what I meant. Can't arrest someone without probable cause and I am not sure how the law treats people making threats to others.

In at least 36 states there is a terrorism law. A great many are similar to Michigan's,

THE MICHIGAN PENAL CODE (EXCERPT)

Act 328 of 1931

750.543m Making terrorist threat or false report of terrorism; intent or capability as defense prohibited; violation as felony; penalty.

Sec. 543m.

(1) A person is guilty of making a terrorist threat or of making a false report of terrorism if the person does either of the following:

(a) Threatens to commit an act of terrorism and communicates the threat to any other person.

(b) Knowingly makes a false report of an act of terrorism and communicates the false report to any other person, knowing the report is false.

(2) It is not a defense to a prosecution under this section that the defendant did not have the intent or capability of committing the act of terrorism.

(3) A person who violates this section is guilty of a felony punishable by imprisonment for not more than 20 years or a fine of not more than $20,000.00, or both.

History: Add. 2002, Act 113, Eff. Apr. 22, 2002

The Detroit PD has arrested at least 4 persons for threats to police made to their FB pages. 

Yeah, DPD Chief James Craig is one serious SOB when it comes to this crap.

Chief Craig is black, and respected throughout the region as a very tough, fair and effective cop. Detroit crime is down 25-30% on his watch.

Edited by DocM

so easy for people to get on internet and talk about a reality they never faced..

"Address issues in your own neighborhood"

go live in any place of NO HOPE, and tell me how well it goes...

half yall sit behind a keyboard and havent come close to experiencing what have had to do to make it another day...

3 hours ago, DocM said:

Detroit crime is down 25-30% on his watch.

North Korea has a very low crime rate as well.

2 hours ago, Showan said:

so easy for people to get on internet and talk about a reality they never faced..

half yall sit behind a keyboard and havent come close to experiencing what have had to do to make it another day...

I for one grew up on a poor man's farm, my father having to work the railroad during winter to make ends meet, Whatever success I've had was because I kicked myself into gear, studied my ass off and got scholarships.

That formula can be applied to any person in any low income situation.  It's a matter of will power, and a great many blacks, whites, hispanics, and asians routinely do it under their own steam. 

Any other result is no one's fault but their own, or the people in their community who say "you can't because of <list disfavored others>".

It's time to stop listening to those naysayers, who only want to preserve their influence over the disadvantaged for their own power and/or enrichment, and get moving.  Chanting 'poor, poor, pitiful me' isn't going to help you or your progeny.

Edited by DocM

2 hours ago, Showan said:

isn't that its lack of hope, its more of lack of trying due to the ###### culture they were raised in.

I was raised on welfare, and im not on welfare now, i work for and earned everything i have. I didn't have any money waiting for me when i turned 18, i didn't have college that was already paid for

"half yall sit behind a keyboard and havent come close to experiencing what have had to do to make it another day..."?? WTF? I wake up everyday, decide not to commit crimes, decide not to victimize people, and decide to goto work so i CAN make it another day. I choose to not be a victim, not to blame others and make excuses.

You have to fix yourself from within, including a community as a whole. No body is born a victim. You have to help yourself. Life is about survival. Can't just say "its hopeless" and go rob people, commit crimes, and blame others.

It's kinda like you're suggesting that most blacks are -- as you say "hopeless" and have no self control. I'm no better than anyone else, if i can make it, anyone can.

• Like 2

Putting an exclamation point on personal responsibility,

one of my wife's cousins has cerebral palsy. It took him forever to learn to walk and talk, and he still has muscular control problems and he is mentally challenged.

BUT - he's perhaps the hardest worker I've ever seen. A bulldog who doesn't know the phrase "I can't."

That kid pulled his own ass upright, graduated high school, then got a job washing dishes at a Big Boy restaurant. After 5 years of earning Employee of the Month every other month, he switched jobs to an entry level job in a local hospitals laundry.

Today he runs that laundry, a department head in a multi-million dollar operation. No one gave him the promotions out of pity, he earned them with pure hard work and force of will.

Unless someone is worse off than he was they need to suck it up and get moving.

Edited by DocM

4 hours ago, DocM said:

I for one grew up on a poor man's farm, my father having to work the railroad during winter to make ends meet, Whatever success I've had was because I kicked myself into gear, studied my ass off and got scholarships.

That formula can be applied to any person in any low income situation.  It's a matter of will power, and a great many blacks, whites, hispanics, and asians routinely do it under their own steam. 

Any other result is no one's fault but their own, or the people in their community who say "you can't because of <list disfavored others>".

It's time to stop listening to those naysayers, who only want to preserve their influence over the disadvantaged for their own power and/or enrichment, and get moving.  Chanting 'poor, poor, pitiful me' isn't going to help you or your progeny.

a poor mans farm isn't in the middle of a ghetto...

a farm usually has quietness, a peace of mind, and food, busting your tail on a farm can give the hope of someone buying your food or livestock.

you dont open your eyes to busted bottles, fights, gun shots, teachers having the most outdated books and lesson plans.

Crooked Cops (not the good ones) rolling up through the neighborhood, roughing you up and then telling you, if they killed you, NO ONE would ever miss you.

A farm would bring hope to a lot of folk... Even if it weren't flourishing as hoped.

When you see NO HOPE, no light at the end of a tunnel... it becomes cannibalism in a matter of moments... and that cycle is almost impossible to break...

6 hours ago, Showan said:

I have experienced plenty in my life time and still experience it the way of helping others and communities.  I also know several other people who did the same thing.  It is not impossible to overcome lifes obstacles.  You just have to want you have to do and there has to be a time where it stops being someone elses fault/problem and blame needs to be placed back on yourself.   People like to say "man, my life sucks and there is no hope" and want to do little to nothing about it.  Is it harder than someone else who was born with a silver spoon in their mouth?  Sure, but it is not impossible I did it and know others who have.  You just have to work harder than someone else and not make obvious stupid decisions.  And you do not need riches in order to threat your fellow human with respect.  I have seen people with very little give more than people who have a lot.   If people do not have the same opportunities to do so themselves, then be smart and make opportunities for yourself.  And a lot of issues people cause themselves. 

Issues with blacks, cops, and people in general is a people problem, not race.  I know a few others have commented the same.  Race is just a scapegoat to mask that the real problem is people.  Kids...used to be that when your kid got out of line, you could spank them, yell at them, send them to their room without dinner, or force them to work their asses off until they learn to listen to the parent.  Kids used to listen to their parents.  Now you have these organizations who consider all this some sort of abuse or want you to be friends and compromise with your kids.  Compromise?  Really?  No wonder a lot of kids are growing up to be ######.

4 hours ago, DocM said:

Putting an exclamation point on personal responsibility,

one of my wife's cousins has cerebral palsy. It took him forever to learn to walk and talk, and he still has muscular control problems and he is mentally challenged.

BUT - he's perhaps the hardest worker I've ever seen. A bulldog who doesn't know the phrase "I can't."

That kid pulled his own ass upright, graduated high school, then got a job washing dishes at a Big Boy restaurant. After 5 years of earning Employee of the Month every other month, he switched jobs to an entry level job in a local hospitals laundry.

Today he runs that laundry, a department head in a multi-million dollar operation. No one gave him the promotions out of pity, he earned them with pure hard work and force of will.

Unless someone is worse off than he was they need to suck it up and get moving.

that's great inspiration...  no doubt...

but he was not harassed by crooked cops (once again not good ones), and there was a support system in place.

i was fortunate that neither of my parents were into drugs or alcohol...  

when a seed is planted (no matter if its good or bad) can have great effect on a person.

17 minutes ago, Showan said:

you dont open your eyes to busted bottles, fights, gun shots, teachers having the most outdated books and lesson plans.

Crooked Cops (not the good ones) rolling up through the neighborhood, roughing you up and then telling you, if they killed you, NO ONE would ever miss you.

These are the people you can thank for the state of your neighbourhood, not the folks living in more affluent areas.  Stop trying to point the finger of blame elsewhere and take a good long look around you.

12 minutes ago, techbeck said:

I have experienced plenty in my life time and still experience it the way of helping others and communities.  I also know several other people who did the same thing.  It is not impossible to overcome lifes obstacles.  You just have to want you have to do and there has to be a time where it stops being someone elses fault/problem and blame needs to be placed back on yourself.   People like to say "man, my life sucks and there is no hope" and want to do little to nothing about it.  Is it harder than someone else who was born with a silver spoon in their mouth?  Sure, but it is not impossible I did it and know others who have.  You just have to work harder than someone else and not make obvious stupid decisions.  And you do not need riches in order to threat your fellow human with respect.  I have seen people with very little give more than people who have a lot.   If people do not have the same opportunities to do so themselves, then be smart and make opportunities for yourself.  And a lot of issues people cause themselves. 

Issues with blacks, cops, and people in general is a people problem, not race.  I know a few others have commented the same.  Race is just a scapegoat to mask that the real problem is people.  Kids...used to be that when your kid got out of line, you could spank them, yell at them, send them to their room without dinner, or force them to work their asses off until they learn to listen to the parent.  Kids used to listen to their parents.  Now you have these organizations who consider all this some sort of abuse or want you to be friends and compromise with your kids.  Compromise?  Really?  No wonder a lot of kids are growing up to be ######.

A turn to faith in JESUS, that's what pushed me...

and it's not perpetual finger pointing.. it's about a chance... i know some guys that would probably be a better pit crew than any one else in Nascar...