Netflix: Stranger Things

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4574334/

This show is fantastic, it has great acting and a phenomenal soundtrack. Only 8 episodes but highly recommend it.

It takes place in the 80s about some gov experiment going wrong and the main story revolves around some kids. This show is like if Steven King had a love child with JJ Abrams that was delivered by Spielberg.

Edited by mudslag
  • Like 1

I also binged, ignoring a worsening headache for the last 2-3 episodes. While its elements are not original, the whole is very good, along with acting and music.

• 2 weeks later...

Great series! A coworker told me I should watch it so decided to give it a try earlier this evening. That was a mistake as I watched the 1st 4 episodes and now it is almost 1am... have to get up for work in a few hours.

I've heard some decent things about this show, and having checked this thread and the IMDB page I'll be sure to give it a go over the weekend. (Y)

10 minutes ago, Skiver said:

I don't have Netflix but I'm hearing a lot about this so I might have to sub for a month or so to catch this.

First month is free so nothing to lose. :rofl:

3 minutes ago, Louisifer said:

First month is free so nothing to lose. :p

That boat sailed (probably twice :p) a long time ago :(

I thought it was great :) Millie Bobby Brown stole it with her performance, she was also great in Intruders (which got cancelled) I expect great things from her.

Loved the show and all the references to classic Stephen King, Poltergeist and the Goonies. Also didn't know it was filmed here in Georgia till I saw Georgia Tech's campus as part of it. 

• Like 1

Winona Ryder was amazing...

Stranger things is just an amazing show all around...

Just didn't like the fact, that one particular person was "redeemed" at the end... 

7 hours ago, Steven P. said:

I thought it was great :) Millie Bobby Brown stole it with her performance, she was also great in Intruders (which got cancelled) I expect great things from her.

I didn't even realize that was the same girl...

Dustin was my favorite, that kid cracked me up.

• 5 weeks later...

just finished this during teh week end.

So basically my take on it.

Spoiler

1. Eleven is still there.

2. Will is going turn into something

3. The chief is now part of the gov't and will probably have turn for the worse before realizing he made mistakes?  

am i missing something?

• Like 1

On 7/20/2016 at 7:14 AM, Terrigamer said:

On episode 5 and loving it. I've also noticed a side effect of being put in a severe synth-wave/outrun music mood.

Download the album Innerworld by Electric Youth!

On 9/6/2016 at 10:23 AM, Nik Louch said:

Download the album Innerworld by Electric Youth!

Thanks for looking out! I did yesterday, great so far! If it weren't so early in the morning, I'd come up with a way of weaving in how you're a real human being and a real hero. :D

15 minutes ago, Terrigamer said:

Thanks for looking out! I did yesterday, great so far! If it weren't so early in the morning, I'd come up with a way of weaving in how you're a real human being and a real hero. :D

Looool, that album was my roadtrip choice last month, it's eerily haunting in a really melancholy yet satisfying way.  There's a lot of what people are calling "80s synthpop" out there, often produced and named by people who weren't around in the 80s - this feels authentic.