Netflix: Stranger Things

On 6/9/2016 at 8:23 AM, Nik Louch said:

Download the album Innerworld by Electric Youth!

1 hour ago, Terrigamer said:

Thanks for looking out! I did yesterday, great so far! If it weren't so early in the morning, I'd come up with a way of weaving in how you're a real human being and a real hero. :D

features in drive OST! awesomesauce song:

Another one, similar to that, from that OST

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SIE said:

Never heard of these before, just listening to there album on Groove, it's great. Thank you.

There's some great synthpop around at the moment, and a lovely community around it all :)

I enjoyed it immensely. I had to actually go and Google to see if Stephen King had any involvement. The whole storyline is very much in his wheelhouse, especially with kids' bond.

• Like 1

Spoiler

I can't for the life of me see the hype of this show. I'm basically the biggest movie fanatic I know and I wouldn't give this anything over 7/10, but 6/10 is much more realistic. Nacros 2 was amazing however.

• 10 months later...
2 minutes ago, wendy oltman said:

A lot of people have recommended me this show but I haven't had the chance to watch it yet. How do you guys like it.?

Imagine a Stephen King novel set in the 80's filmed by Stephen Spielberg, but with a very much 2016 Netflix budget.

21 minutes ago, wendy oltman said:

I'd better watch to imagine that. 

it's a pretty magical show. definitely watch before season 2 comes out

• Like 3

6 hours ago, wendy oltman said:

I'd better watch to imagine that. 

absolutely.  just watch it.  i did not think i would like it, and to be honest it took episode 2 to get me hooked, but it is GREAT.    and i am not a fan of 80s or the genre.  so i was surprised. it was just too interesting and well made, not to like.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 24/07/2017 at 1:22 AM, McCordRm said:

That game ate sooooo much of my lawn mowing money as a kid.

That just ate everything. I have a copy on bluray of the game and the don bluth animations are great to look at even now

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheReaperMan said:

That just ate everything. I have a copy on bluray of the game and the don bluth animations are great to look at even now

Bluth had an epic style!

• 2 months later...

Pretty well done season. Good soundtrack.

End of season spoilers;

Spoiler

I wasn't entirely happy that they went to the "save the world" scale. The local mystery scale was sufficient for a bit longer.

The whole detour to the city... seemed a bit either over long or too short to fit in. I'm sure we'll return to that in season 3. At least it got in some good music.

I am glad that they didn't do the usual cop out of having El/Jane needing to use love rather than anger. That angle has been done beyond death to the point that it is the expected conclusion.

Pretty good, would watch again. A few flaws, like too many characters doing different things.

4/5 stars.

+1 few plotholes for season 2, but really enjoyable!

Spoiler

El finding her mother and sister, to then just having that sub-plot vanish until season 3 is kinda baitish and needless, But I see how loading season 3 with 11 personal life could get boring.

Also how is the doctor not in jail by the end!?

Spoiler

EP7 felt like complete filler almost made me fast forward.

What was the purpose of the huge tunnels? The demo-dogs didn't require that much space to move around and the tunnels were too large even if they were to grow to full size.

• Like 1

Just now, Luc2k said:
  Hide contents

EP7 felt like complete filler almost made me fast forward.

What was the purpose of the huge tunnels? The demo-dogs didn't require that much space to move around and the tunnels were too large even if they were to grow to full size.

+1 plot holes

Spoiler

me thinks for season 3, there will be another gate open hence the tunnel.