Should I Move?

Try it. I'm on Kubuntu 16.04, no problems other than Comcast being flaky atm. That's probably my lines being flooded because of the rain.

OK, let me try to install this on one of my spare SSD's. And I'll try and see, hopefully, if it works.

Is x/k/g Ubuntu the same, just a different DE installed?

icon_bow.gificon_bow.gificon_bow.gificon_bow.gificon_bow.gificon_bow.gificon_bow.gificon_bow.gificon_bow.gificon_bow.gificon_bow.gif

THANK YOU!

icon_bow.gificon_bow.gificon_bow.gificon_bow.gificon_bow.gificon_bow.gificon_bow.gificon_bow.gificon_bow.gificon_bow.gificon_bow.gif

I bow to thee. Using plain Ubuntu. (Hate Unity, but that can be changed), latest 4.4.0 kernel, 370 NVIDIA drivers. It booted up RIGHT away. No dark screen. (well, for a second or 2, but...)

I have this on my spare SSD (used to be in my laptop)

Thank you again for all your help! :D

Edit: Just installed on my main SSD! All running good as above. Did I say Thank You enough? :laugh:

Edited by Mindovermaster
  • Like 1

Yeah, CentOS isn't meant for great graphics. It's a server architecture, really. My friend uses it on his server.

3 hours ago, Mindovermaster said:

THANK YOU!

I bow to thee. Using plain Ubuntu. (Hate Unity, but that can be changed), latest 4.4.0 kernel, 370 NVIDIA drivers. It booted up RIGHT away. No dark screen. (well, for a second or 2, but...)

I have this on my spare SSD (used to be in my laptop)

Thank you again for all your help! :D

Edit: Just installed on my main SSD! All running good as above. Did I say Thank You enough? :laugh:

Quite welcome. I knew we'd "crack the code" eventually. Now we're both on the "new shiny stuff" without the lingering issues of a botched upgrade to Mint 18 (in my case) and you being stuck with Distro-hopping because your card wasn't accepting a driver. :yes: 

Now, take a gander at the Tips-N-Tricks thread and have a go at one or more of the ... Tips-N-Tricks. They all still apply, ya know. I just reinstalled, so I had to do most of 'em. :D