Sharepoint or OneDrive for Business On-Line Only Windows 10

This is frustrating as hell, I've spent 6 hours tonight trying to figure this out and it seems impossible. In short I need to map a Office365 Sharepoint Folder to desktops as a Network Drive and NOT sync / download everything. But the only solution I can seem to find from microsoft requires you to check keep me logged in. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2616712   See "Authenticate to Office365"

We have a client with Office365 with GoDaddy, I need to setup a shared folder as they'd like to move to the cloud for their storage. These files should only be accessible in an online mode via a mapped drive or some type of folder on the computer. These computers are clients with SSDs that aren't large and we don't want the files stored locally.

So apparently Microsoft removed the ability from One Drive in Windows 10 and still hasn't added this functionality is that correct?

So the next option is to map the drive which Microsoft has a support article on. But it requires you to tick the box to stay logged into your Office365 account via the web browser. However GoDaddy has its own custom portal that doesn't have a remember login. So as soon as you reboot the PC the folder wont reconnect. 

I've already spent hours migrating to Office365 through GoDaddy and I'm not going to be very happy if I need to transition from GoDaddy to Office365 direct from Microsoft to get this to work. 

Does anyone have any experience with this? I've spent hours googling a solution and everything tells me to just map the network drive, but again GoDaddy doesn't allow the keep me logged in option it seems. So what on earth are people doing in a business environment in this case as I've read tons of posts of people with the problem of needing a local folder that accesses it as a network drive but doesn't save anything locally. 

It seems there may be a script or powershell thing you can do to automate the process, but I'm not a programmer or scripter and have no freaking clue how to modify that to work. So if anyone is experienced with this...

I've also tried the OneDrive trick with using the numerical ID from the web URL of onedrive, except Office365 for Business onedrive is a sharepoint and there's no "ID" to copy and map. 

Edited by Edrick Smith

We don't sync files from OneDrive to local machines. Not only because of hard disk size constraints but with the possibility of getting infected with CryptoLocker we have staff work through the browser.

Unfortunately this client doesn't want change and wants to use windows explorer. What other cloud storage providers would offer a true network drive style environment where you can use explorer without syncing locally if this won't be possible with sharepoint?

I'm not sure its possible,the whole point of Cloud services is they're accessed through browsers and apps to enable productivity from anywhere, they're not meant to be mapped like a traditional network drive.

I think your customer probably made a mistake in choosing to move to the cloud if they were not prepared for that.

On a more productive note, is this SPOL or OD4B we're talking, as you mention both, with the latest OD4B client (next gen sync client I think they call it) you can choose specific folders to sync, so that may reduce the SSD capacity problem and provide some kind of a solution, unfortunately it's not possible with SPOL yet (to sync just parts of a site, say one doc library).

Any experience I've had with GoDaddy is some stripped down, crap version of what it should be and their support is terrible. I go directly to Microsoft.