Pokemon Go getting out of hand

On 7/21/2016 at 8:53 PM, chrisj1968 said:

lesson: if stupid people can't control themselves, then ruin it for the rest.

That's uh, that's a terrible lesson.

Unless you meant to write "they" instead of "then."

Just now, Gary7 said:

I thought this game was for kids.

Adults are allowed to play games.

Super Mario Bros is a kids game and I bet there are more adults who play it than kids.

Just now, adrynalyne said:

Adults are allowed to play games.

Super Mario Bros is a kids game and I bet there are more adults who play it than kids.

Yes they are but not during a press conference.

30 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

I never knew adults could not play games, that is a new one for me. A lot of people in the age range from 25-30 see this as a nostalgia piece, they were around when Pokemon became huge in the US at the time. I never understand comments like these because I am 100% sure there are things you do that others would find rather simple minded or not something someone of your age should be doing, but who cares? I am excited to see more and more people outside enjoying the fresh air, rather than being inside all day. That is one part of my childhood I wish more could experience, the joys of spending the entire afternoon and evening outside with friends. Now people are doing that and are criticized because "games are for kids," "dont you have a job?!" "what a waste of time," etc.

11 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

I never knew adults could not play games, that is a new one for me. A lot of people in the age range from 25-30 see this as a nostalgia piece, they were around when Pokemon became huge in the US at the time. I never understand comments like these because I am 100% sure there are things you do that others would find rather simple minded or not something someone of your age should be doing, but who cares? I am excited to see more and more people outside enjoying the fresh air, rather than being inside all day. That is one part of my childhood I wish more could experience, the joys of spending the entire afternoon and evening outside with friends. Now people are doing that and are criticized because "games are for kids," "dont you have a job?!" "what a waste of time," etc.

I play games but not Pokemon or Mario Brothers or any other such games. During my childhood we played real games such as football, baseball . I also play my games now on a PC in my house. I do not have or need a smartphone.

10 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

I play games but not Pokemon or Mario Brothers or any other such games. During my childhood we played real games such as football, baseball . I also play my games now on a PC in my house. I do not have or need a smartphone.

Dumb to you, but not to everyone else. Again, what you find interesting and fun maybe someone says that is a kids game. PC games in your house at your age? Isn't that for kids? Who cares what platform it is on. I think it would do wonders for you Gary if you weren't so close minded with everything.

Just now, Circaflex said:

Dumb to you, but not to everyone else. Again, what you find interesting and fun maybe someone says that is a kids game. PC games in your house at your age? Isn't that for kids? Who cares what platform it is on. I think it would do wonders for you Gary if you weren't so close minded with everything.

Closed minded, I cannot afford a smart Phone. I play games on my PC. I have play all of those games with my Daughter when she was young. I still play FPS games like COD, Battlefield, and also Mahjong and solitaire. I still have those Red Pokemon things. I played The Sims, Flogger, and all kinds of kids games. If I has a smartphone I may have tried Pokemon Go but I do not. I never said that these games were dumb.:p

20 hours ago, Gary7 said:

The game includes Pokemon who are easier to catch late at night. No responsible parent is going to let their kids run around unattended at those hours.

Also, while kids can play it, much of the exploration-based gameplay is better suited to teens and adults who can more easily travel to differing locations and at different times. The Pokemon have different "habitats" and a different variety can be found in different locales. Kids aren't readily going to be able to travel across town or across the county to see what can be found there.

It's a game for adults that also appeals to kids.

On 24/07/2016 at 6:58 PM, Gary7 said:

Yes they are but not during a press conference.

Was there a sign on the wall saying "No Pokemon Go during the conference" anywhere?

On 24/07/2016 at 7:25 PM, Circaflex said:

Now people are doing that and are criticized because "games are for kids," "dont you have a job?!" "what a waste of time," etc.

My usual response to the job one is "Yes I do, a very well paid one that I work very hard at and thus value what little leisure time I DO get and choose to spent it doing whatever gives me the most pleasure or entertainment possible. Do YOU have a job?"

Usually shuts the twits up. ;)

3 minutes ago, Slarlac249 said:

almost amusing as people wondering into mind fields while playing.

Yep gotta watch out for those mind fields ;)

15 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Should not have to have a sign.

Conferences are boring as all hell.. If I had to go to one, you bet your butt I'd be playing a game or something to while the time away. :p

1 hour ago, Slarlac249 said:

almost amusing as people wondering into mind fields while playing.

No, that's Ingress. :laugh: Still a Niantic game, though.

On 7/24/2016 at 3:00 PM, Gary7 said:

Closed minded, I cannot afford a smart Phone. I play games on my PC. I have play all of those games with my Daughter when she was young. I still play FPS games like COD, Battlefield, and also Mahjong and solitaire. I still have those Red Pokemon things. I played The Sims, Flogger, and all kinds of kids games. If I has a smartphone I may have tried Pokemon Go but I do not. I never said that these games were dumb.:p

PC costs from 300 dollars and up depends on what features you want in it.

Smartphones can cost for nothing to full price depends on what model you get.  Depends on the deal you make with phone provider. Such as  $0 down and $20 a month for 2 years.  They have plans starts from $15 and up for phones or tablets.

If you can afford the PC, then you can afford the smartphone.

My first PC was sold for $2,000.  Now new PC can be sold for $300 and up. 

If you get a smartphone, you can avoid the games such as Pokemon.  No problem.

I have a smartphone but I don't play Pokemon games. I use smartphone for web, texting, calls...

On 7/25/2016 at 10:32 AM, DConnell said:

The game includes Pokemon who are easier to catch late at night. No responsible parent is going to let their kids run around unattended at those hours.

Also, while kids can play it, much of the exploration-based gameplay is better suited to teens and adults who can more easily travel to differing locations and at different times. The Pokemon have different "habitats" and a different variety can be found in different locales. Kids aren't readily going to be able to travel across town or across the county to see what can be found there.

It's a game for adults that also appeals to kids.

I saw a guy who looks like 25 yrs old... he plays Pokemon game on his phone. He showed me the game on his phone.. I told him  'Be careful, watch where you are going with it.'