Favorite sport from different Country

same **** different name ;)

You have hardly seen a good game then.. If canada where good at football you would like it, if you supported a team or a country and watch them struggle in a cup you would like it...

edit: sorry wrote usa again :p

when i was in china i tried to get into it. my fiancee really likes it and the world cup was on. i must say it was so boring i fell asleep severl times and i wasn't even tired!!!

If canada where good at football you would like it, if you supported a team or a country and watch them struggle in a cup you would like it...
Now, that's not always true. The US for instance, -does- have a fairly strong showing in soccer/football. We're consistently one of the top CONCACAF teams, the MLS teams always have strong showings in CONCACAF matches, the USA Womens team is strong in FIFA competition, and our youth teams aren't so bad. And, 90% of American's still don't care less - and I bet a larger percentage of them don't even know what CONCACAF is - wouldn't surprise me that a vast majority have never heard of FIFA outside of the console games, too!
"With the win, the U.S. also booked a place in the record books by becoming the only team to finish in the top-three of every FIFA Women?s World Cup."

Sure, there've only been 4 Women's World Cups so far - but that's not too shabby.

The US National team is still ranked 11 in the world (Sure, that's mostly thanks to our surprising World Cup finish,) and #2 in CONCACAF (which isn't surprising.)

So while we're aren't a world power in soccer yet - we can't be compared to say Germany (Best match of the entire World Cup though - the final US vs Germany match!) or Brazil - it can be said that the US is 'good' at soccer now.

And, aside from a minority, we still don't care.:p:p

Soccer's long enough as is. If you're going to have stopages then shorten the time. Just my opinion though.

yeah right! 90 minutes + maybe 30 minutes is long!!!

and here in germany when i watch socccer the clock always counts up :yes:

What the hell are you talking about Football (Soccer in Your American Terms) is the most popular sport on earth, an average of 45,000 can fit in a stadium thats what 2.5 times bigger then a hockey rink, and + more countries play football(soccer just to remind you again).

You dont see european countries playing American Football or baseball, or basketball

not in the US, that is what i meant. just becoz it is popular in the world doesnt it has to be the most popular sport in the US. ask any american about soccer and he would rank after baseball, NHL and NFL.

And, 90% of American's still don't care less - and I bet a larger percentage of them don't even know what CONCACAF is - wouldn't surprise me that a vast majority have never heard of FIFA outside of the console games, too!

Depends where you live. If you're around a lot of first or second generation immigrants, you'll find a lot of people who like to watch soccer. In general, no, Americans could care less.

Also, for all of those arguing how strange the soccer clock is, I'm sure they find it just as odd when regular season football games end with :30 left on the clock, because the winning team downs the ball. It's pretty much the same principle, with no scoring chance left, you just end the game.

Definitly soccer .. or futball, whichever name you prefer. I don't get any games whatsoever, but I always watch every single game of the World Cup, whether it's mens or womens. Sigh. That's pretty much the only games I ever get to see.

you cant trust fifas ranking, it sucks.. The usa have as the furthest been in the semifinals in 1930!! Since then they havnt qualified and the times they have they just reached the 2nd round! And womens football sucks (though sweden did reach the final). Italy is one of the best teams in the world and they are ranked after the usa and that just shows how crap the ranking is... For some reason they favorise the usa...

bonobozoot he never said it was a big sport, he just pointed out that football is the biggest sport in the world when you said that it wasnt...