AMD Drivers 16.7.2 - Buggy with 14393?

Anyone noticed anything... odd with Crimson drivers 16.7.2? for some reason installing them seems to break various parts of the Visual Studio C++ 2012, 2013, and 2015 redist, to the point that I had to perform repair installations to get them working again.

And annoyingly enough it causes a cascade of issues with other things. Realtek audio drivers don't install properly, and some games also reliant on the C++ redist don't work until I repair the redist installations. And this isn't an issue caused by an upgrade, it happens on a fresh install as well. (I'm not sure if these drivers being non WHQL has anything to do with it... it shouldn't, AMD kept pestering me to upgrade to them through the CCC).

AMD Drivers 14.7.2 have gone WHQL last I checked,  Running same drivers on 10586 build of Windows 10, upgrading on the 2nd hopefully to Anniversary version, these went WHQL on 7/19/2016, Release notes clearly state "

Important Update

These drivers are now Microsoft WHQL certified" 

I'd have no issues myself with these thus far, will see how they go in Annivesary update soon, but I always install my drivers clean, with using 3rd party Display Driver uninstaller, seems I have much less issues doing it that way

They're not the best.  I've been getting some radeon settings crashes from time to time.  I found out that the hdmi audio stopped working after awhile.  I had to disable fast start up.

No gaming issues so far, but I haven't tested it much.

I have hybrid graphics.  Intel hd 520 and an amd radeon r7 m370.  The hdmi issue is likely an intel driver issue.  I honestly would not have bought this laptop had I known about the hybrid graphics.  It was a headache I did not want to have all over again.

28 minutes ago, bikeman25 said:

AMD Drivers 14.7.2 have gone WHQL last I checked,  Running same drivers on 10586 build of Windows 10, upgrading on the 2nd hopefully to Anniversary version, these went WHQL on 7/19/2016, Release notes clearly state "

Important Update

These drivers are now Microsoft WHQL certified" 

I'd have no issues myself with these thus far, will see how they go in Annivesary update soon, but I always install my drivers clean, with using 3rd party Display Driver uninstaller, seems I have much less issues doing it that way

This is about 16.7.2 unless you made a typo

Yes 16.7.2 is version I'm running, yes I did make a typo in my earlier post