Some help needed for Exchange Server 2012 in a test lab

Guys,

I've just set up an Exchange Server 2012 test lab but need some help.........As my IP is dynamic, I'm having problems with it changing all the time and I then have to go into my DNS settings for my host and change it manually (which is a pain)

Someone suggested that I use Dynamic DNS service to help solve this issue, so I've now set up the following host with noip.com and use the Dynamic DNS update client on my server

aidenotmyreal.noip.me

I was then told to setup a MX record for this; for which I have done but then I'm stumped, I'm sure I'll also have to add/change an 'A' record but not sure on how to go about it......my current DNS settings are shown below, can anyone help me out on how to get this to work correctly - I need for it to give me the ability to send and receive mail in Outlook 2016

I've also added some CNAME records but not sure if they are correct

My Domain name is aideitdoesntmatter.co.uk

I can currently receive email to my exchange mailbox but I'm unable to send from it

Thanks in advance

First off, I have edited your post.  Don't provide external ip information.

Second, you don't need an A record on your dns provider being that the A record is provided by no-ip (well it isn't an A record but for sake of argument and simplicity sake I will go with it).  You just need to point the MX to a host name, regardless if it is a self provided A record or if it is a record that has been assigned via another provider (no-ip, dyndns, godaddy, register.com, web.com, yourmomsdnsservice.sometld, etc). 

Third, and here is where it gets interesting and not a damn thing you can do about it, Dynamic address ranges get blocked by default to be able to send mail from to help combat against spammers as it is easier and cheaper as well as more anonymous to use a dynamic address.  Most domains with any sort of antispam will not accept mail from a dynamic host as it is already part of a blacklist.  You can verify this by going to mxtoolbox.com and putting your ip in there.

Hi, 

Many Thanks for you're reply.....this is the problem I'm having, my outbound email is being blocked. I understand that I can route it through a Smarthost - can anyone please give me any info on how to set this up??

Thanks in advance

2 minutes ago, ady199 said:

Hi, 

Many Thanks for you're reply.....this is the problem I'm having, my outbound email is being blocked. I understand that I can route it through a Smarthost - can anyone please give me any info on how to set this up??

Thanks in advance

Where are your messages being blocked?

Your ISP may block port 25 outbound. If that is the case, you'll need to use an external relay which you can do via something like a cheap VPS.

You may also get issues with other email servers blocking you if you lack a PTR record or are using a residential IP. Also, solved by the solution I mentioned earlier.

The smarthost could be the vps, as logicalapex mentioned. 

It could be another mail provider and you would use a smart host with authentication to be able to send utilizing that.  If you paid for a mail account through your hostname provider for example, they may offer email services...you may be able to utilize that mail service to send mail through. 

here is how to do it, now you just need the actual smarthost to be able to do it with, as well as the auth credentials.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj673059(v=exchg.150).aspx