I bought "The Toaster" off my brother this morning, but there's an issue.

This morning, i bought something classic: The 1985 Frontloading Nintendo Entertainment System or commonly referred to as "The Toaster" for ten bucks off of my big brother who had it sitting in a small room. It included 1 game/controller with it. The game was Tetris: One of the best timewaster video games. But in between the couple play sessions i got out of it, the screen kept flashing red when trying to startup or reset the console. Is this a problem with the system? Or the cartridge?

Did you check the connection to the console / television? Did you ensure that the cartridge was firmly inserted into the console?

Note that, in regards to the second question, I remember that removing and reinserting the cartridge often helped solve issues with the display when I experienced similar issues with the NES.

Just some thoughts. I hope they are of use to you.

We used to blow into the cartridge when it went weird. Might want to dust out the machine, too...

43 minutes ago, benjamine6 said:

I do not have an NES cleaning kit.

Also, i fixed it. The board inside the cartridge was VERY dusty. So i just blew the dust off of it. It worked fine after that.

Didn't I just tell you? :laugh: Dust kills all, mate...