Windows 10 Touchpad Delay While Typing

I've been a pretty devout Linux user for some time now.  The last time I really used Windows extensively was Windows 7; since then I've been pretty much exclusively a Linux user.  The Gnome desktop environment I usually use on Linux distros has a setting to disable your touchpad while you're typing so you don't accidentally click on stuff when using the built-in keyboard on a laptop.  I bought myself a new laptop yesterday that came with Windows 10, so I'm learning all kinds of neat stuff about MIcrosoft's latest and greatest baby, :-)  I've found a similar setting in Windows 10, but am having a weird issue.  It seems to work for the most part, except every 2 seconds or so typing stops altogether, almost as if it's checking for touchpad input, and then resumes.  This has resulted in misspelled words, type-os, and when trying to SSH into my family server to retrieve a file, having to enter my password 4 or 5 times before getting it right.  I've avoided the issue by opening the Synaptic Control Panel (click "Additional Mouse Settings" in the new Windows 10 Control Panel) and disabling the touchpad when an external mouse is plugged in, but this won't fix the issue when I fold the laptop up and take it with me, say in my pickup truck, and don't have an external mouse connected.  Changing the delay between short, medium and long doesn't seem to have an affect.  Awkwardly raising my hands in the air as I type to avoid contact with the touch pad doesn't fix it either.

I'll take a quick video clip if I can find a piece of software that does screen capturing on Windows.  I've got a licensed copy of Fraps that I bought ages ago, lord probably 10+ years ago, but I think it only works with DirectX/OpenGL applications and not the desktop environment itself.  Hopefully I was descriptive enough; here's the settings I found to disable it altogether when I'm set up at the house using an external mouse.

Capture.PNG