Homefront: The revolution. Is it worth buying?

The game seemed like it would be epic, great graphics, open world..etc. But I have never seen any discussions of this game and it seems now as if this game was a fail or something so I never got around to buying it. I got Doom instead which received tons of positive postings at most every forum and I, frankly thought it sucked. It was like Quake 3 Arena SP but with more detailed maps. Anyway, Homefront  looks amazing though so wanted to know if this game was any good or not and if it was good then why did any hype for it virtually drop off the face of the internet?

If you thought Doom (one of the best games of the year) sucked, then something as lousy as Homefront: The Revolution may just be for you.

1 minute ago, virtorio said:

If you thought Doom (one of the best games of the year) sucked, then something as lousy as Homefront: The Revolution may just be for you.

That doesn't really tell me anything. They are completely different games. Perhaps you could clarify what made Homefront lousy so I can decide? Since there seems to be very little if any discussion on this game, I have little in the way of actual gamer's perspectives to go by.

5 minutes ago, NightScreams said:

That doesn't really tell me anything. They are completely different games. Perhaps you could clarify what made Homefront lousy so I can decide? Since there seems to be very little if any discussion on this game, I have little in the way of actual gamer's perspectives to go by.

Bad AI, broken missions, various other bugs, performance problems, awful and laughable story and a major disconnect from what is going on in the game "world" to what you're actually doing making it near impossible to have any investment in the game. 

Just now, virtorio said:

Bad AI, broken missions, various other bugs, performance problems, awful and laughable story and a major disconnect from what is going on in the game "world" to what you're actually doing making it near impossible to have any investment in the game. 

That's more like it. So the bugs, have these been patched? Have you played it recently? I know with AC: Unity, people griped like crazy over the bugs even to this day but I played it after the final patch and never had any issues whatsoever and thought it was great. The story isn't something I play games for, I'm more interested in the gameplay and if any bugs have been fixed.

7 hours ago, NightScreams said:

That's more like it. So the bugs, have these been patched? Have you played it recently? I know with AC: Unity, people griped like crazy over the bugs even to this day but I played it after the final patch and never had any issues whatsoever and thought it was great. The story isn't something I play games for, I'm more interested in the gameplay and if any bugs have been fixed.

Unlikely. Just go read some reviews on steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/223100/