Rumour: PlayStation Now coming soon to PC

According to our sources, the announcement is planned for August 23rd, with a launch in Belgium, Netherland and UK in the first place, with United States and Canada following one week later

Source: http://www.gamekult.com/actu/le-playstation-now-bientot-sur-pc-A167103.html

Play Playstation games on your PC.... in 720p!!! :rofl:

6 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Wasn't this mentioned in the patch notes for 3.15fw or something?

IIRC that was just PC remote play, which is out now. Is it not?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

That's what I was thinking of, my bad :laugh:

Yeah Now is the game streaming. So PC owners can enjoy added latency and crisp 720p visuals :p

2 hours ago, Audioboxer said:

Play Playstation games on your PC.... in 720p!!! :rofl:

Well obviously that's horrible to existing PC gamers but there are a lot of people out there with several year old PCs and only Intel integrated GPUs (which have gotten a lot better recently but were absolute crap a few years ago) who wouldn't have even thought to be able to play games that this may appeal to.  Older laptops as well with integrated intel gpus or even anemic mobile GPUs may find this appealing.

Honestly I'm not sure who pays for PlayStation Now at all as the entire concept doesn't appeal to me personally but apparently people do and I'm aware there is a large number of non-gamer worthy PCs still in active use so it's seems that would be a fairly large pool of people who may be interested in this?

This might make the cost a bit more appetizing if it works across multiple devices... but this is Sony were talking about, however.

• 2 weeks later...

Leaked a little early, although announcement is suppose to be coming today

Cqjg6hRUEAAU1di.jpg

CqjhO7kUEAAV23C.jpg

Amazon France also briefly listed a DS4 dongle for the PC.