Tech Companies Apple, Twitter, Google, and Instagram Collude to Defeat Trump

11 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Who you support is not the issue and this is not a personal issue. You have been a fair Supervisor but as such you do represent Neowin which does have a large political section. With you posting the below shows that you are biased and your neutrality  as a Supervisor is now questionable. I am sure that you can see my point. The Staff of any forum should be neutral on all issues and not make such statements about a particulate Candidate whoever that is. If you said the same thing about Clinton, I would be posting the same thing as I am now. I just do not think that a staff member should involved himself in such a biased manner in a subject that has the entire world particularly the media going nuts.

You spend WAY TO MUCH time following The Donald!

You now start acting like him too, your little post sounds a lot like what Trump has been saying about an American judge with Latin roots. Can't do his job because he's "Mexican" and i hate Mexicans.

1 hour ago, Gary7 said:

I do not believe that Neowin Staff should be involved in US Politics.

And why not? Because I am a mod here I lose my constitutional rights, that seems like a fair shake to you?

BTW lookup the definition of collusion - "secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others."

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

Hmm, if you feel that way perhaps you should bring up the issue by creating a thread in the Site & Forum Issues section. Then maybe @Steven P. will get the developer team to code moderator bots to replace those oh so pesky human mods

Since you tagged him he will see this thread anyway.. Bots..:p

Just now, LimeMaster said:

He's more likely to read your concern if it's posted in the correct section. :p

I am not doing this to get anyone in any trouble or play tattle tale. I just think that Neowin's staff should be neutral. Just think if they joined these company's. What would they do, start banning every one they think supports Trump?/s

14 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

I am not doing this to get anyone in any trouble or play tattle tale. I just think that Neowin's staff should be neutral. Just think if they joined these company's. What would they do, start banning every one they think supports Trump?/s

Never said you were. But if you want to get your feedback heard, you need to do it in the correct place is what I'm saying.

33 minutes ago, xendrome said:

And why not?

BTW lookup the definition of collusion - "secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others."

There was a standing policy for staff, back in the 2000s where you were barred from participation in this section, unless you were an assigned moderator duties directly to RWI.

Since I assume mods aren't assigned to forums anymore, I guess that is now voided, but considering your opinions represent the site, it makes sense why that was once a policy here.

2 minutes ago, shockz said:

There was a standing policy for staff, back in the 2000s where you were barred from participation in this section, unless you were an assigned moderator duties directly to RWI.

Since I assume mods aren't assigned to forums anymore, I guess that is now voided, but considering your opinions represent the site, it makes sense why that was once a policy here.

Gary didn't say take part in political forums on this site, he said SPECIFICALLY

Why shouldn't moderators or supervisors be allowed to express their opinions?

It only becomes a problem if that person is using his power to oppress users with differing opinions.

That doesn't seem to be the case, otherwise the usual suspects would be screaming murder anyway and we would all know.

• Like 3

So you wish to play word games? I meant Politics at all. That Standing Policy I thought was still in effect. Would it not be better for Neowin's staff to be neutral and not come out against a particular Candidate? As far as posting US Politics that is about the only politics that  are posted about and to post this is absolutely biased. Particularly the last part.

1 hour ago, Nick H. said:

I would normally say that companies should not get involved with politics, but Trump is terrifying. Anything that can be done to stop him should be done.

2 hours ago, Nick H. said:

I would normally say that companies should not get involved with politics, but Trump is terrifying. Anything that can be done to stop him should be done.

Trump isn't nearly as terrifying as people seem to think. It's always like this, doomsayers on both sides talking about how the candidates will be the end of us all. They said that when Obama was going to be President and we're still here. So lets step this stuff back a couple notches.

As for the article's content, the media is biased. But we all know this, and it speaks a lot that the only way people can try and make Trump look less desirable than Hillary is by painting him as the doom of us all.

As a non-US citizen, I think you folks are stuck with bad choices on both sides. I don't envy you. As far as colluding, shouldn't it have been Facebook instead of Instagram? The latter isn't independent from the former, AFAIK. 

42 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

So you wish to play word games? I meant Politics at all. That Standing Policy I thought was still in effect. Would it not be better for Neowin's staff to be neutral and not come out against a particular Candidate? As far as posting US Politics that is about the only politics that  are posted about and to post this is absolutely biased. Particularly the last part.

So instead of just US Politics, all politics now? You never said here on the forums, you said

^ I said US Politics as that is just about the only Politics involving candidates that are discussed here. I should have just said Politics. OK? Are we Clear?

3 hours ago, Gary7 said:

Who you support is not the issue and this is not a personal issue. You have been a fair Supervisor but as such you do represent Neowin which does have a large political section. With you posting the below shows that you are biased and your neutrality  as a Supervisor is now questionable. I am sure that you can see my point. The Staff of any forum should be neutral on all issues and not make such statements about a particulate Candidate whoever that is. If you said the same thing about Clinton, I would be posting the same thing as I am now. I just do not think that a staff member should involved himself in such a biased manner in a subject that has the entire world particularly the media going nuts.

Weren't you up in arms the other day telling people to stop telling you what to do? 

And here you are attempting to tell nick to not comment or have a personal opinion on this matter, talk about hypocrisy. 

People are free to have opinions on here, and their country of origin matters not one bit. 

You don't have to like it, but that's just the way the world works. 

23 minutes ago, wakjak said:

Weren't you up in arms the other day telling people to stop telling you what to do? 

And here you are attempting to tell nick to not comment or have a personal opinion on this matter, talk about hypocrisy. 

People are free to have opinions on here, and their country of origin matters not one bit. 

You don't have to like it, but that's just the way the world works. 

My entire point just flew over your head.

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1305580-tech-companies-apple-twitter-google-and-instagram-collude-to-defeat-trump/?do=findComment&comment=597539292

Below is what I said:

I should have just stated Politics but mostly US Politics is discussed here. A Staff member should not be involved in these discussion as they show their Bias and their Bias can be used against a member. I am not saying That Nick is Biased , I refereed to Staff , all staff. If what Nick Posted was about Clinton I would have posted the same. It at one time was like this and in my opinion it should have stayed that way.

I don't care whether or not moderators and staff make political comments. They don't seem to censor conservative / anti-left opinion here. EDIT: I mean it seems a bit of a branching topic...

Lets talk about ###### at Twitter et al actually censoring opinions of people or that Google ‘directly engaged’ with Clinton campaign, Julian Assange claims

4 minutes ago, techbeck said:

I wonder what special considerations each of these companies will get if Hillary gets elected.

Exactly, they support who ever serves their interests NOT what's best for the country or the people.

1 hour ago, exotoxic said:

Exactly, they support who ever serves their interests NOT what's best for the country or the people.

Yeah, that's the whole point. They're corporations. They're out to make money and all cost.

1 hour ago, J. X. Maxwell said:

I don't care whether or not moderators and staff make political comments. They don't seem to censor conservative / anti-left opinion here. EDIT: I mean it seems a bit of a branching topic...

Lets talk about ###### at Twitter et al actually censoring opinions of people or that Google ‘directly engaged’ with Clinton campaign, Julian Assange claims

You really believe that??? I had the same length of a signature that Techbeck has and was told to remove it as it did not meet the 550x170 size

sorry this is a bit deflecting, but im a bit confused, why shouldn't moderators be allowed to express their personal view? i didnt think for one minute the moderators comments were that of Neowins. (neowin is not a person, its a web site therefore has no views on matters, its lines of code) :p just as if Steven P aired his view, its just that his personal view, hes a person too right? (sorry steven :P)

Mods are people too :) and as such volunteer their time to help maintain the site and its content, they are still members ultimately and in my opinion should be allowed to comment., i've never thought any differently in the decade plus i've been a member here at Neowin.

One thing i am realising, perhaps having a political topic section was a bad idea, everyone seems to get upset and bent out of shape with differing views and opinions, jeesh lets get back to arguing about what SSD is better, we are all better than this, all politicians are liars and full of their own excrement, i have never thought anything less.

Ill be glad when this dam election is over, maybe everyone will get their sensible Neowin head back on.

Edited by Mando
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mando said:

sorry this is a bit deflecting, but im a bit confused, why shouldn't moderators be allowed to express their personal view? i didnt think for one minute the moderators comments were that of Neowins. (neowin is not a person, its a web site therefore has no views on matters, its lines of code :p

Mods are people too :) and as such volunteer their time to help maintain the site and its content, they are still members ultimately and in my opinion should be allowed to comment. 

Because it shows their bias. They have the authority to ban you. I am not saying that Nick is like that but I would venture to guess that is why they were somewhat restricted from doing so some years ago and trust me at the time they were very biased.

Maybe comment but not come out and say this. Particularly the bolded part

10 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Because it shows their bias. They have the authority to ban you. I am not saying that Nick is like that but I would venture to guess that is why they were somewhat restricted from doing so some years ago and trust me at the time they were very biased.

Maybe comment but not come out and say this. Particularly the bolded part

I see where your coming from buddy, but really? moderators are now influential people?  If this was a company or an influential business then ok (sorry Neowin staff, you know what im meaning....i hope) i get what your inferring, but this is a tech site run voluntarily by backroom staff, so ultimately does it REALLY matter if they air their personal views, just as you, me and every other member does? Ive been a member for over 12years now and not once have i ever felt bias from moderators and/or site, then again what bias can you show with "Help my 25yr old modem has just died, anyone know of any fixes?" posts. 

Just because someone has the ability to ban you (which im sure isnt just 1 persons decision just because i ###### them off with disagreeing about their view) doesnt mean they are not still parts of the community first and foremost. 

I say bin the political forums, its a tech site. 

Just now, Mando said:

I see where your coming from buddy, but really? moderators are now influential people?  If this was a company or an influential business then ok (sorry Neowin staff, you know what im meaning....i hope) i get what your inferring, but this is a tech site run voluntarily by backroom staff, so ultimately does it REALLY matter if they air their personal views, just as you, me and every other member does?

Just because someone has the ability to ban you (which im sure isnt just 1 persons decision just because i ###### them off with disagreeing about their view) doesnt mean they are not still parts of the community first and foremost. 

Maybe coment but not come out and say

Yes But I am only talking of The RWI or Politics section. This is a company. They make money.