Steam problems

I am attempting to login to the steam client and play a game, however for some strange reason it will not except my username/password combo, which is funny because it works just fine to login to the web side of stream :/ I have reset the password twice to different passwords each time, and still nothing, it will not allow me into the client. Has anyone had similar experience to this or know of a way to correct it?

Had you have posted this like 30minutes ago I would have been able to check if it happen to me as well. With that said there been issues with the steam forums tonight but that may be a different issue.

6 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I am attempting to login to the steam client and play a game, however for some strange reason it will not except my username/password combo, which is funny because it works just fine to login to the web side of stream :/ I have reset the password twice to different passwords each time, and still nothing, it will not allow me into the client. Has anyone had similar experience to this or know of a way to correct it?

set up two factor auth if you can, (i have it via steam on android) 

The issue is not authentication (I can login to the web site using the same username/password I am trying to use in the client and it lets me in) , the issue is the client does not seem to recognize the password/username. I opened a trouble ticket with steam, will see what happens.

1 hour ago, jnelsoninjax said:

The issue is not authentication (I can login to the web site using the same username/password I am trying to use in the client and it lets me in) , the issue is the client does not seem to recognize the password/username. I opened a trouble ticket with steam, will see what happens.

Remove staem and then re-install it after a reboot. May help.

2 hours ago, Gary7 said:

Remove staem and then re-install it after a reboot. May help.

Did that, twice, still will not let me login

6 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I opened a trouble ticket with steam, will see what happens.

Let us know what happened in two months when you finally get a reply.

I have completely uninstalled the steam client using IO Bit uninstaller, I have used CCleaner to clean any remaining registry entries, and rebooted the system for good measure. I went to steampowered.com and reset the password again, disabled steam guard and attempted to login to the client. Nothing happened, it still says my username or password is incorrect. I also checked in my AV software that Valve is considered trusted, it is, therefore the firewall is not the issue., I have even paused it while attempting to login to the client.

OK this is just plan odd. One thing I noticed was that after the reinstall the steam client still remembered my username, and after doing extensive Google research, I on a whim, re-typed my username and my password, and boom! suddenly it logs in. So idk wtf happened, but apparently that is what it took to solve the issue. @Gary7 no, I have not heard back from steam yet, but that doesn't surprise me too much!