Speed up your CPU ?

5 minutes ago, Hum said:

Reddit link proves nothing.

And as I said in the first post, YOU decide.

Just keep your head in the sand. 

2 minutes ago, Bryan R. said:

There's nothing to decide. Reality doesn't care about opinions.

Why don't you care that TJ's channel is parody?

I actually tried the steps.

I saw the results.

And I know TJ has posted non-sense videos.

I'm facing so-called reality better than  you, apparently.

I invite someone with Intel to test it and give us their result.

Yeah, you posted your results and they are negligible. You realize benchmarks differ slightly from run to run?

Why don't you care that TJ's channel is admittedly parody?

2 minutes ago, Hum said:

I saw the results.

Dude, even the channel owner says it is for parody. 

7 minutes ago, Shiranui said:

Says someone who thinks that there is a hyphen in nonsense....

Actually the way he is using it makes what he is saying true ;)

this reminds me of the thread from a few days ago where the guy had a 500gb ssd and windows cleanup said it could recover 2.5tb of space or something...   hahaha

make a youtube video!

And that reminds me of myself as a kid messing with floppy disk compression. You could make windows display very large capacities which obviously was never going to work when you tried to copy more than 1.44MB.

41 minutes ago, Hum said:

I saw the results.

My system is so fast already, I can't tell if it worked. But the benchmarks say everything is the same.

My 2 cents. The MSCONFIG settings are, to my understanding, only for Windows behavior during boot. And if unchecked, the default, the system defaults to using all available processor cores during the boot process.

Secondly, I doubt very seriously any application or hardware checks performance monitor counters to discover available system resources. That's nonsensical on its face.

Edit: going back to my MCSE days, selecting the highest core for the data collector only means if you actually use that counter you will collect performance data for processes run on core #11.

1 hour ago, Hum said:

Intel makes the redundant core CPUs.

If the steps work, then there should be a significant speed up.

If there is not, it would prove the video to be non-sense.

OMG he's fully bought into the snake oil...

24 minutes ago, xendrome said:

OMG he's fully bought into the snake oil...

If you pay close attention, he consistently contradicts himself and he doesn't know it. For instance: "Intel makes the redundant core CPUs". He says this because he posted a PATENT to that effect. BUT if you read that article, it states at the bottom:

"There is no indication when Intel will actually use such a technology, but the examples in the patent start with at least 32 cores total, which use 16 active and 16 spare cores."

We certainly do not have 16 core CONSUMER processors yet.

The leaps in logic is just scary.

Hum...

As pointed out, this is a satire video.  Even on ThioJoe's Youtube page ... it states the following ...

Capture.JPG

His steps in the video ... the msconfig > advanced boot options > number of processors.

When left unchecked...windows will use the max number of "CPUs" available (including hyperthread).  So, if you have a 2 core processor with hyperthread ... Windows will automatically use all (or show) all 4 cores.  

For example ... my Dell notebook has a two core with hyperthread ... so it shows 4 cores....but notice I haven't selected anything in the Advanced Options.

Capture.JPG

...and if I did the drop down ... only 4 cores would be listed (2 physical plus 2 hyperthreads). 

Untitled-1.jpg

Anyway, this option is only if you need to limit the number of threads ... for whatever reason (like troubleshooting I guess).

The second part ... performance monitor ... is just a tool to examine how programs are running, resources being used by the programs, how programs are affecting the computer's performance, real time data...etc.  It doesn't make any configurational changes to the computer. 

Intel has a patent for this ... but I do not think they've implemented it on any of their chips (at least the ones you can buy).  It isn't the same as Microsoft or Sony unlocking an additional core on their respective gaming platforms...which is really just making it available to game developers.  That is a different discussion for another topic.

Anyway, like I said and even ThioJoe stated on his Youtube site ... it is just a satirical video.  Nothing more.

Thread could probably be moved ... jokes section maybe ... or conspiracy?

Yeah, some are actually quite funny, like boosting internet speeds. It is almost like behind the scenes he swaps a 100Mb cable for a gigabit one but he states that his "amplification" cable is responsible. Thankfully he is not selling anything, otherwise I would say this would be a rich man for the wrong reasons.

If he is making fake videos, why would he mix real ones in with the garbage? He doesn't, the whole channel is garbage.

9 hours ago, Hum said:

I actually tried it.  The Settings he talked about are there.

I have an AMD CPU, not Intel.

So my System Config had 0-7 logical cores.

I did seem to get some speed boost, or I would not have posted this.

As I said,TheoJoe has posted non-sense videos.

Hopefully someone with an Intel PC will try this and give us the results.

Thing is, with all due respect - you don't UNDERSTAND the fractional gains you made.  Sure a benchmark may show slight improvements, but real-world Windows usage has the potential to suffer.  It's a complete misunderstanding to suggest that the numerics posted reflect anything beyond mismanagement of threads.

Tech stuff aside, come on bro - you're a respected voice here (or at least IMHO).  You've fallen for absolute FUD, which the creator of that video knows is FUD.  Stop reposting this sort of thing if you don't understand it, it's got the potential to be harmful.

OK for those joining late

1: This is fake/humor/joke

2: The kid is a troll making money off gullible people

3: Stop posting links to his videos in the support channels.

<<Thread Closed>>

• Like 3

• xendrome locked this topic