Charlie Hebdo faces 'imminent' attack after publishing front page image of naked Muslims

Charlie Hebdo faces 'imminent' attack after publishing front page image of naked Muslims
Magazine has reported multiple threats made on its Facebook page to the police
Caroline Mortimer
@cjmortimer
2 hours  ago

The satirical French magazine Charlie Hebdo has received death threats after it published another controversial front page which has been accused of mocking Muslims. 
Commenting on the decision to ban burkas from beaches in Cannes, the latest issue depicts a man and woman with a traditional beard and hijab running naked on the beach with the caption “The reform of Islam: Muslims loosen up”.   
The issue was published on Wednesday and the staff received a threat that a new attack was imminent via the magazine’s Facebook page, Le Parisien reported.
Officers from the BRDP branch of the Paris police said this is not the first time the magazine has been threatened since the terror attack on their offices in January 2015.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/charlie-hebdo-faces-fresh-death-threats-after-publishing-image-of-naked-muslims-a7190276.html

What is wrong with them?  You don't put your hand into a lions cage and expected not to get bitten or worse.  It's no longer freedom of speech, this is just plain stupid with the magazine putting its staff in danger.  Only thing I can think of is they are losing sales and need to get back in the lime light.

Just now, Yazoo said:

What is wrong with them?  You don't put your hand into a lions cage and expected not to get bitten or worse.  It's no longer freedom of speech, this is just plain stupid with the magazine putting its staff in danger.  Only thing I can think of is they are losing sales and need to get back in the lime light.

That means Islamic State has won and freedom of speech is dead.

4 minutes ago, J. X. Maxwell said:

That means Islamic State has won and freedom of speech is dead

I disagree, this is not offending IS, they welcome this as it helps them recruit by justifying their actions.
Why does the magazine need to do this? Freedom of speech does not mean the right to offend in this way.  Its a blatant attempt to entice a reaction like the last one.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Yazoo said:

I disagree, this is not offending IS, they welcome this as it helps them recruit by justifying their actions.
Why does the magazine need to do this? Freedom of speech does not mean the right to offend in this way.  Its a blatant attempt to entice a reaction like the last one.

Do you even realize what you are saying?

So what if this offends a few scum bags? Such people as you mention, those that get offended and join ISIS, should be killed in the first hand. They do not belong in the modern world.

This is not even offensive.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Yazoo said:

That is exactly what freedom of speech means... They are offensive and over the top and I wouldn't do it but it's their necks.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, J. X. Maxwell said:

That means Islamic State has won and freedom of speech is dead

2 minutes ago, J. X. Maxwell said:

Do you even realize what you are saying?

So what if this offends a few scum bags? Such people as you mention, those that get offended and join ISIS, should be killed in the first hand. They do not belong in the modern world.

This is not even offensive.

sigh, its not offensive to you as it was not aimed at you.  We are supposed to be stopping IS, not spoon feeding them more vulnerable brainwashed kids to do their slaughtering for them.  Be part of the solution not the problem.

Just now, Yazoo said:

sigh, its not offensive to you as it was not aimed at you.  We are supposed to be stopping IS, not spoon feeding them more vulnerable brainwashed kids to do their slaughtering for them.  Be part of the solution not the problem.

No. Your solution involves appeasing people that want you dead.

People living in secular nations have a compromise - voice yourself and your opinions at the cost of hearing other people and not liking what they have to say.

Besides, we offend Muslims by promoting sodomy and other freedoms. Harping on free speech and criticism gets the ball rolling.

6 minutes ago, Yazoo said:

True, it might not have been aimed at him, but offense is taken, not given. While I agree that it's maybe not the wisest thing to do in the context of what happened previously at CH, doesn't it seem ridiculous to you that people can get killed for a god damn cartoon? 

Just now, Sszecret said:

True, it might not have been aimed at him, but offense is taken, not given. While I agree that it's maybe not the wisest thing to do in the context of what happened previously at CH, doesn't it seem ridiculous to you that people can get killed for a god damn cartoon? 

absolutely it does hence why I think its not a good idea to do this, IMHO this is based on exactly what happened before. I'm literally afraid for them right now.

41 minutes ago, J. X. Maxwell said:

nonsense, its called incitement to racial hatred, they know things like this offend the faith yet they do it.....sorry but satire or not, thats just plain stupid, have they no consideration for their own staff, who are put in danger by their actions? 

Im not saying its right, but come on, insulting an entire religion to have a pop at the extremist end of their spectrum, thats like calling all Americans loony fundamental christians.....due the group who protest at soldiers funerals....when the vast majority of the faith and populace are not.

Just now, Mando said:

nonsense, its called incitement to racial hatred, they know things like this offend the faith yet they do it.....sorry but satire or not, thats just plain stupid, have they no consideration for their own staff, who are put in danger by their actions? 

Im not saying its right, but come on, insulting an entire religion to have a pop at the extremist end of their spectrum, thats like calling all Americans loony fundamental christians.....due the group who protest at soldiers funerals....when the vast majority of the faith is not. 

Islam is not a race therefore criticizing it can't lead to "racial hatred"

Their staff probably have balls and value freedom over Islamic oppression.

Funny I get offended by comics insulting Trump supporters, articles insulting gamers, and so on - but I never sent death threats about it.

Are people afraid of calling Catholic priests pederasts? Are people afraid of calling Atheists immoral?

If the majority of European Islamists are peaceful, people wouldn't fear making fun of them.

They actual do need to "loosen up"

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Yazoo said:

I'm glad that atleast some people in this world have some courage to stand up and fight for freedom of speech.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Yazoo said:

You could say the same thing about the mocking of Hitler in late 30s and early 40s and mocking Nazis all the years later.

5 minutes ago, J. X. Maxwell said:

If the majority of European Islamists are peaceful, people wouldn't fear making fun of them.

They actual do need to "loosen up"

And to start the loosening up process lets throw insults at them and see how they react? that's not balls my friend that's just plain stupid.

Let us not forget that in many Muslim countries the state sponsors painting Christians, Jews, Americans, you name it, as the lowest form of life.   Where's the outrage?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mando said:

Im not saying its right, but come on, insulting an entire religion to have a pop at the extremist end of their spectrum, thats like calling all Americans loony fundamental christians.....due the group who protest at soldiers funerals....when the vast majority of the faith and populace are not.

haha what? look up the definition of race, religion is not race.

Ever heard of Dogma? this whole movie was making fun of Christianity, and guess how many people got killed because of it? ZERO

Some people are just more civilized 

Buddy_christ.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Pork Chopper said:

Let us not forget that in many Muslim countries the state sponsors painting Christians, Jews, Americans, you name it, as the lowest form of life.   Where's the outrage?

Really? how so?

1 hour ago, J. X. Maxwell said:

To be fair where's the freedom into banning burkas from beaches?

Yes wearing a burka at the beach is stupid but in a free society people should be free to be stupid (as long as it doesn't harm other people).

If you want to pass a law preventing people from hiding their face in public places then fine. But if the law targets the burkas specifically (and not other way to cover your face like masks) then it's not really fair. You ban all of them or none.

• Like 3