New Keyboard

Ok, I'm getting fed up with this keyboard. (Logitech K250) At night, I like to work in the dark. The brightness of the screen, in dark settings, isn't enough to light up the keyboard.

I'm not sure if I want mechanical. Wired should be fine... While I like wireless, it's not the thing of the future. I for sure want a backlight. Normal keyboard. Full keyboard, home/end/Del, num lock, etc.

I looked at some, I saw Azio, Aula. I'm not that wise on those. I've been using Logitech all these years. I heard Razor is just overkill...

Budget is around $100 max, cheaper the better. Unless you have a very good reason, I can go over.

I run Linux Mint 18, so keep that in mind...

If its just the lack of backlight, and you like Logitech keyboards in general there are several with backlit keys.

K740 is the most basic.

After that you're heading to the G-Series gaming ones.

10 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Don't look any further. Even if it's a little over your $100 budget, it's worth every penny.

The volume control wheel is a pleasure to use among many other advantages.

I've been using K70 Red for two years and I'll only upgrade to K70 RGB.

The. Best. Keyboard. Period.

5 minutes ago, Mirumir said:

Don't look any further. Even if it's a little over your $100 budget, it's worth every penny.

The volume control wheel is a pleasure to use among many other advantages.

I've been using K70 Red for two years and I'll only upgrade to K70 RGB.

The. Best. Keyboard. Period.

Thanks. That's what i heard from different people... It's like, what they said, "the god of keyboards" ;)

It may be a bit out of your budget, but I love the Corsair K65 RGB. I think Corsair makes the best peripherals these days and I have the RGB mouse too.

5 minutes ago, patseguin said:

It may be a bit out of your budget, but I love the Corsair K65 RGB. I think Corsair makes the best peripherals these days and I have the RGB mouse too.

Yes, this may be THE reason to go above $100...

I'll have to wait till next month, hopefully there'd be a sale. :D

10 minutes ago, patseguin said:

I think Corsair makes the best peripherals these days

Word.

9 minutes ago, Hum said:

Get a small LED light that shines across the keys.

af715a31d9162f8ffd6e145469054f8a14078349

(Y)

That is pretty cool ^^^^^

1 hour ago, Mindovermaster said:

Yes, this may be THE reason to go above $100...

I'll have to wait till next month, hopefully there'd be a sale. :D

Yep. I originally wanted to stay under $100 but I just saved and got it from Best Buy for $129 I think it was. No need for num pad on a home keyboard so it's perfect for me.

+1 for Corsair.

I have just got this one (in UK), well built, really soild. Not sure if you wanted a white backlight, but this one is red and can be set to different levels.

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-STRAFE-Cherry-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B00ZUPOMDQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1471466061&sr=8-2&keywords=corsair+rgb+strafe+mx+red

Edit: The only thing to be aware of is that the cable is fairly thick and covered in rubber rather than been braided, as the keyboard has a USB pass-through Port so there is 2 USB connectors (1 for kB, 1 for USB Pass-through) 

Edited by johnporter29

Try Casio Lighted Keys Keyboard. They fall within your budget and are perfect to work in the dark. Search their catalog and your desired model with the specs you want on their site.