Backing up iMessages

So my sister is getting her screen replaced but before she does, she wants to backup all her text messages from a friend that recently passed.  What is the easiest way to do this?  She has an iPhone 6 and I am hoping that there is just some phone app that can convert the texts into a PDF or something and she can send her self the file.  Believe it or not.....she does not have a PC at the moment.

thanks!

4 minutes ago, techbeck said:

So my sister is getting her screen replaced but before she does, she wants to backup all her text messages from a friend that recently passed.  What is the easiest way to do this?  She has an iPhone 6 and I am hoping that there is just some phone app that can convert the texts into a PDF or something and she can send her self the file.  Believe it or not.....she does not have a PC at the moment.

thanks!

iCloud backup. 

Just now, techbeck said:

That something that is automatically enabled...or you have to enable via the messenger app or settings?

Typically automatically enabled if memory serves. To be safe, go into settings, icloud, backup, backup now. 

image.png

4 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Typically automatically enabled if memory serves. To be safe, go into settings, icloud, backup, backup now. 

Cooll...thanks for the info and quick response.

• 1 month later...
On 8/20/2016 at 5:38 AM, Circaflex said:

Question, is it possible to restore messages only when setting up a new iPhone or resetting it to factory and starting clean? Either through iCloud backup or a manual iTunes backup?

Yes. iCloud back ups the texts in case you ever need to restore your phone.  You can't sync messages with iCloud. Or in other scenario, If you want to archive your iTexts, you can either email the text of your conversations to yourself, take screenshots of the conversations and save the photos, or use 3rd party software to save them.

I found a way to restore only messages when setting up a new phone. I wish apple would implement a feature into itunes or icloud that allows a selection of what you want to restore onto the phone. There is a third party app you can extract the messages from the backup, backup your newly setup fresh iphone, then import those messages into that new backup.

see here: http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/03/06/how-to-back-up-restore-sms-messages/