Robotic Sex Dolls One Step Closer To Replacing Humans

It’s a big challenge turning static sex dolls into interactive love robots, but scientists think they’re getting over that hump. :wacko:

Matt McMullen has been creating realistic-looking human dolls for sex since 1997. He tells 60 Second Docs the technology needed to make raunchier robots is getting better all the time.

People spend $5,000-to-$10,000 for lifelike dolls, but McMullen believes the real value is making the sex doll experience as real as possible.

“I’m moving into the future. I’m going to make the world’s finest love robot,” he said. “One day two people who are on two different sides of the Earth could engage sexually, through their dolls. Or they’re in a virtual environment together. I think those kind of things are going to become very commonplace.”

Some of that means programming robots that are flirty. :shifty:

For instance, the video shows McMullen asking one avatar if he can take off her virtual shirt.

Her reply: “I’m not sure if you deserve it. Why should I do that?”

57b39f3b170000d002d1f3c4.jpeg

It might seem shocking that, for some, robots could virtually replace humans in the sex department, but McMullen thinks it’s going to happen.

“We just have to come to terms with each other and say, ‘OK, that’s for you, this is for me,’” he said.

“For some people, this is what they really want and it makes them happy and I don’t think anyone should judge them for that.”

EXPLICIT WARNING

source & video

Of course he says don't judge people for that. He makes a lot of money off these people. But, sorry, I am still going to call a guy who buys a silicone girlfriend a loser. Don't judge me for that.

Omg. I had to snicker at this.

These robots would be perfect for dumb, old, creepy men that were like "oh woe is me, why can't I find a girl (or guy, if they're gay)?"

23 minutes ago, MtnDewCodeRedFreak said:

These robots would be perfect for dumb, old, creepy men that were like "oh woe is me, why can't I find a girl (or guy, if they're gay)?"

They would also be perfect for a number of Neowin members around here who seem to be afraid of/hate women.

On 8/18/2016 at 4:45 PM, sc302 said:

ex machina will come to real life.  what a messed up movie.

Come on, lets not kid ourselves, she was smoking hot!

10 hours ago, warwagon said:

Come on, lets not kid ourselves, she was smoking hot!

I won't deny that. But, none the less, that movie was messed up. 

1 hour ago, sc302 said:

I won't deny that. But, none the less, that movie was messed up. 

I loved that movie, I still can't believe the horrible actor in the new star wars was the FANTASTIC actor in Ex-machina. Do star wars movies just bring out bad acting in everyone?