Abused 4-year-old child tells police her name is 'Idiot'

I'd pay for 5 minutes with this walking POS....

...in certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue... natural justice. This is not vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment.
~~ Frank Castle

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/18/health/arkansas-abused-child-trnd/index.html

Abused 4-year-old child tells police her name is 'Idiot'

(CNN)The little girl was abused so badly she had a black eye, dried blood in the corner of her mouth and deep purple bruises all over her body.

But it's what she said when asked her name that's truly startling.

"Idiot."

The girl is only 4. She lived with her mother, Jennifer Denen, and Denen's live-in boyfriend, Clarence Reed, in a home in Hot Springs, Arkansas.

Police say she was called an "idiot" so often and for so long that it was the word that sprung to her young mind when a social worker asked her name.

Mother never sought help

Hot Springs police arrested the mother and her boyfriend last week after social workers reported the abuse.

They said the 30-year-old mother knew the beating her boyfriend was doling out to the child on a regular basis but never sought medical treatment.

The girl's injuries included bruises on her buttocks, her lower back, her leg, police said. She had a blackened eye, a swollen cheek and a bruise on her forehead. She also had scars on her back that had started to heal, indicating the abuse had been going on for a while.

In addition to it all, the girl was also severely malnourished, police said.

Denen told police that Reed, 47, hit the child with a plastic bat; he said it was a wooden paddle.

Reed admitted to zip tying the little girl to her bed after he found her climbing on the kitchen cabinet, acording to a police report.
He also acknowledged to calling her "Idiot" but said it was "in jest," police said.

The couple was charged with domestic battery, permitting child abuse, and endangering the welfare of a minor.

Both remain in the Garland County Jail with a next court date of September 27, 2016. CNN was not able to reach legal representation for Denen or Reed.

The child is now in state custody where she is healing from her physical injuries.

The psychological injuries will likely take years to heal.

:cry:

I pity the mother; she's missed out on the greatest joy in life.

And it's safe to say that the little girl has already gotten a place reserved for herself in the paradise.

• Like 3

Legal name change for the parents. Along with being thrown into pits with spikes. And snakes, lots of snakes.

It just boggles the mind how someone can just beat on a 4 year old like it's nothing and what's even worse is apparently the mother was all messed up to by not feeding her etc. it's sad the kid has to come into the world knowing nothing but abuse like that as that's got to scar the kid for life. i would have to assume the mother has serious mental issues to just let that happen as that just cries out for vengeance.

On 19/08/2016 at 6:41 AM, Mirumir said:

:cry:

I pity the mother; she's missed out on the greatest joy in life.

And it's safe to say that the little girl has already gotten a place reserved for herself in the paradise.

Pity? She's not much better then the monster inflicting the hurt by letting it happen.

It always strikes a pretty deep nerve when I hear about these sorts of things, just makes me sick to the core :(

Hopefully this little girl isn't left too damaged and manages to find a good family to care for her.

9 minutes ago, Skiver said:

Pity? She's not much better then the monster inflicting the hurt by letting it happen.

You haven't read the whole sentence till the end, have you?

7 minutes ago, Mirumir said:

You haven't read the whole sentence till the end, have you?

Yes, I have no pity for someone who had a chance at "the greatest joy in life" but left it to rot in the hands of her abusive partner. There are countless couples out there in the world that would love a son or a daughter but unfortunately are unable to. Then there are people like the above who get that chance and not only waste it, but take it to horrible extremes. 

There are syndromes and mental conditions that cause this, in some cases a variation on the Stockholm Syndrome. Not that I am any more sympathetic than you are, I am not.  I'm all for the wood chipper above, a very weak, slow, dull bladed wood chipper. I have a 4 year old daughter and man, $%#@&.