Can the politics forum be hidden from guests or even better removed?

6 minutes ago, DaveLegg said:

Disabling notifications for quotes and things like that would mean making changes to the core of the forum software - something we try to avoid as much as possible, as doing so makes upgrades between versions much more painful

The change is in the JS, which is shared between the two. You probably just need to ctrl+f5 (I've checked, it does appear on Darkside)

I did check that, thank you.

I was more making the point that the purpose of the button you made is so that people don't have to be reminded or see topics if they choose to.

But if you go into a topic and use someones name in a quote it overrides it.

I understand it is different code, I am suggesting that you please implement it.

Also there seems to be no way to block someone here.

1 minute ago, Gary7 said:

I see it know but I wonder if you can do one more thing. When I click on a thread in the mini spy it takes me to the first page, can you change that so it goes to the last page. This is particularly annoying when one is trying to get to the Funndy Pictures thread...ETC. Thanks.

That's how it's always worked - the same behaviour as clicking a topic title from the forum listing. To get to the latest post, click the dot to the left of the title (again, this is the same behaviour as in the forum listing)

1 minute ago, DaveLegg said:

That's how it's always worked - the same behaviour as clicking a topic title from the forum listing. To get to the latest post, click the dot to the left of the title (again, this is the same behaviour as in the forum listing)

But that take two clicks.:laugh: Gezz I never knew that. Thanks Dave!

Just now, Gary7 said:

But that take two clicks.:laugh:

No, one click. In the mini spy listing, there is the dot, followed by the title. Just click the dot, not the title, and it will take you to the latest (unread) post

Just now, DaveLegg said:

No, one click. In the mini spy listing, there is the dot, followed by the title. Just click the dot, not the title, and it will take you to the latest (unread) post

You missed my edit.:)

Simpler idea from my previous post: DaveLegg has resolved the issue of hiding forums that you don't want to see. This thread is done in that case.

Can we all please appreciate that we engage with one another on a regular basis, and our ideas might be different? Why some of us seek out the urge to argue with one another is beyond me, but we all need to stop this.

<Thread closed>

• Nick H. locked this topic