A sad sad day in the Supercar World

You know its the sign of the Apocalypse when you line up 4 cars, 1 of them being a GT-R, and it comes in 4th place.

Capture.JPG

Audi R8 v-10, 911 Turbo S, McLaren 570S, GT-R

I just hope they [nissan] really come up with something special when they go to a hybrid in 2018.  Because it needs to recapture the respect it used to demand.  Its still amazing - but there are too many cars that can outrun Godzilla nowadays.

(I forgot how to attach pics in their original size)

a more fair comparison would be to use the nismo gt-r.  If you are going to compare near 200k cars, you should compare near 200k cars, not 200k to 115k. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, sc302 said:

a more fair comparison would be to use the nismo gt-r.  If you are going to compare near 200k cars, you should compare near 200k cars, not 200k to 115k. 

Yep.  

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Very respectful times by the GT-R....considering it is around £60K less than the other cars in the drag race.  Certainly not a sign of the apocalypse. :)  When a Prius beats Godzilla ... then we can talk about the end times.

I wonder how it would do in against them on a road course....hmmmm.

• Like 2

I'd still have a GTR, but that's me,

1 hour ago, adrynalyne said:

Let's see them hang in something other than a straight line. 

From what I've seen in Top Gear, they corner extremely well, but then again, no one's comparing them to a family runabout

1 hour ago, adrynalyne said:

Let's see them hang in something other than a straight line. 

I dont know - the Turbo S would be pretty good @ handling - 

I would think the R8 would be beaten...

They did say the McLaren began to outrun the others only after it hit 100mph.  So - in a lot of tturns, one would assume it might be beaten by a GT-R

The GT-R needs to cut 200kg really. The 911s launch control is the best in the world, and the baby McLaren is very light and slippery through the air (it's not too much slower that the 650S because it's not designed to generate as much downforce). The GT-R is a brute that has hardly changed since it came out - a bit of extra boost with every iteration helps a bit but fundamentally it's not a supercar and so was always going to get overtaken.

The R8 is all about the engine. I couldn't give a damn about being the fastest. A V10 wailing at 8500rpm is a rare thing nowadays and it'll be missed once its gone.