Which Neowin forum theme do you use?

Which Neowin forum theme are you using?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Which Neowin forum theme do you use?

• Darkside
    • I switch between them depending on day/night cycle

Hello!

This is just a quick poll.

I'm only interested in your theme for the forum. The front page doesn't matter.

Cheers!

Default always, I find white text on a dark background is harsh on the eyes, gives me the eye version of screen burn if I have to read it for longer than a minute. D:

I prefer the lighter color and text contrast. Was never really a fan of dark websites (neverminding my initial attempt at one in 1996)

Thank you, all!

Now, the next question: Who can edit my avatar so that the black background completely matches that of the dark side?  :D 

About three years ago (if not more), I stumbled upon f.lux. Before using it, I would sometimes get headaches when using my PC for extended periods of time, at night. The yellow hue it adds has been a great addition. That, in conjunction  with Darkside, is awesome. 

I used to let it automatically change between the default and Darkside, but I now find myself using Darkside at all times. Glad there's a Darkside for the forums too. :)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mirumir said:

Thank you, all!

Now, the next question: Who can edit my avatar so that the black background completely matches that of the dark side?  :D 

Maybe something like this? 

MirumirAv.png

MirumirTransparentAv.png

First one is a PNG with a solid background (which is close to the shade of grey), the second one is a transparent PNG. :)

19 minutes ago, Sszecret said:

Maybe something like this? 

First one is a PNG with a solid background (which is close to the shade of grey), the second one is a transparent PNG. :)

Thanks a bunch, bro! It's exactly what I wanted! :D My darkside theme is complete now!

8 hours ago, Sszecret said:

About three years ago (if not more), I stumbled upon f.lux. Before using it, I would sometimes get headaches when using my PC for extended periods of time, at night. The yellow hue it adds has been a great addition. That, in conjunction  with Darkside, is awesome. 

I used to let it automatically change between the default and Darkside, but I now find myself using Darkside at all times. Glad there's a Darkside for the forums too. :)

F.lux is doing a wonderful job! Can't live without it since I've found out about it as well!

7 minutes ago, Ned said:

I'm switching it to the day night option.

I'm switching too so it looks like both of us comprise a tiny minority here :D 

p.s. it only takes two clicks to switch. NOT HARD!!!