Hulu.com End of Episode Web Interface

Hulu End of Episode Interface  

1. 1. If you watch Hulu on the web regularly, does it annoy you when you've reached the "End of Episode" interface and must exit it using a workaround to a provided button?

• No, I'm perfectly happy using an uncommon method to exit full screen mode.
    • Yes, I'd rather have a button like every other interface of this type uses to exit full screen mode.
    • There is already a button on the Hulu.com "End of Epsiode" web interface to exit full screen mode that is not shown in your screen shot.

Question

At the end of an episode Hulu has created an interface that shows the last show that you watched minimized in the lower left, and the full view takes on the next show to play in Hulu's "playlist". I have included a screen shot of this interface. The interface does not expose elements, such as buttons, upon interaction (such as mouse over). This interface is the same no matter the browser. For instance, it is the same on Edge, IE, Chrome, or FF, and is the same on a Surface Pro, laptop, or desktop PC.

Ya, so what?...

Well, how do you exit this interface if you do not want to watch the next show offered, and if you also do not want to replay the show you last watched?

Depending on the device being used at the time, I either use the ESC key (once I've found my keyboard), or I swipe in and "trick" the player into exiting full screen mode.

I find both of these solutions to be less than satisfactory, and often times annoying. This scenario seems to be intended by Hulu, or they would offer links back to browse or to exit full screen like Netflix.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and/or have the same experience? If so, does it annoy you as well?

Untitled.png

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet