Aggressive seagull spurs supermarket evacuation

TRURO, England, Aug. 19 (UPI) -- A British supermarket was evacuated when an aggressive seagull flew into the store and started harassing customers, striking at least one woman in the face.

A video posted to Twitter by user @_bradhutchinson shows the seagull flying around the Tesco store before customers and staff started filing out the door of the Truro, England, market.

"Only in Cornwall would you have to evacuate @Tesco because a seagull flew in," the Twitter user wrote.

The seagull was eventually captured and released outside the store.

A worker at the store told ITV they were unaware of the seagull "until it nearly flew into my head."

The employee confirmed that the bird had flown into at least one customer's face.

"As far as I'm aware she was not injured just a little bit shocked and who wouldn't be, no-one expects to go into their local Tesco and be greeted by a peed off seagull," the worker said.

source  & video

Gulls can be very aggressive. When driving up north we'll stop at a drive through for lunch only to have them  perch on our vans rear view mirrors, staring at us for part of our lunch. No doubt at all if the windows were open they'd come right in.

16 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

It's no joke, those things are damned viscious! I've had one attack me before, and stole a bag of fries from my hand...

Maybe the Universe was trying to tell you something