What do you use to listen to music on Windows 10

Question

Hi,

I recently switched to Windows 10 after using Mac for the last two years. I didn't have much option but to listen to music on iTunes on Mac. Now that I am on Windows, I am kind of surprised that Windows Media Player is still the same as it was in Windows 7! There is a new app called Groove but it just seems all over the place and is it just me, but the sound quality seems a bit off on Groove as compared to WMP. I always believed that WMP had the best sound and comparing it to Groove right now, that belief still holds true.

What other applications are out there for listening and organising your music on Windows 10?

Features required:

• Library - heavily rely on searching library for music

Thanks in advance,

Sibot

8 answers to this question

A Neowin forum member wrote a music player called Dopamine which looks pretty good. A preview build added an equalizer. The download link is here. Never used it myself, but I think it has library support.

There's also iTunes for Windows, though I've heard it isn't very good. There's VLC Media Player which is another classic popular music player.

I personally use Groove. I've found the audio quality to be practically identical to WMP for the types of music I listen to, plus I have a large collection of music from Groove.

Musicbee. But I wish Dopamine would get smart playlists.

Google play music desktop 

Couple of other music sites

I stream everything, not worth the time or money to buy CDs or MP3s anymore