Is the win 10 free upgrade still available now?

Just now, Danielx64 said:

Wait: are the volume licenses for windows 7 pro valid for a legal upgrade? I never seen such a form in our VL portal.....

Yes, they definitely are.

There was a requirement to perform an inplace upgrade to generate the license, but it has been lifted earlier this year and replaced with the form.

7 minutes ago, Danielx64 said:

Again you are entering an area that not entirely legal. Unless you really have the need to use assisted technologies you really don't have the right to use that loophole. It like parking in a disabled parking space when you don't have a passenger who use a wheelchair.

What? I don't *need* to use Magnifier, sure, I could just lean in closer to the monitor, in the same way I don't *need* the internet, I could go to the library and read a book to find the information I need, but it makes life a bit easier

4 minutes ago, Arkos Reed said:

Found it, the document ref was : X20-12782

upgrade_form_screenshot.PNG

Thank you for the heads up, I wonder why I never got told about it. Won't be too much of an issue anyway as next year new licenses will be brought anyway :)

On 24/08/2016 at 0:08 PM, richardsim7 said:

Edit: this was supposed to be Danielx64 quote

Actually I Do have a Disability.

Also their are plenty of people that don't have a disability that still need to use some of the "Ease of Access" options.

it's not like Microsoft are asking to see a blue badge or something.

As for parking in disabled spots, being disabled and having a parking badge, I'm all to familiar with that unfortunately.

but unlike that... here you are not taking anything away from someone who needs it - are you.

Edited by Darkmiss
  • Like 3

Just had a chat with a Windows CS agent and they said that as long as your previous Windows key has been involved in a Windows 10 upgrade, it can be used to do clean installs in the future on Windows 10. That explained why I was able to use my Windows 8 Pro key to clean install Windows 10 several times the last 2 weeks.

I'm not sure if the same applies to OEM copies.

Sorry if it seems obvious, but it wasn't to me.

On 8/24/2016 at 7:02 AM, Darkmiss said:

The free upgrade to the public has now ended

However... you can still get a free upgrade from this official method from Microsoft.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/accessibility/windows10upgrade

This does work perfectly, and they don't even check to see if you actually use any assisted technologies.

I used this two days ago and It just installs a normal version of windows 10 home.

I used this method from win 8.1. After the upgrade, my key suddenly is not valid.