Xbox Games with Gold & Deals with Gold: September 2016

First of four titles announced for September....

Earthlock: Festival Of Magic Announced For September Games With Gold

This westernized turn-based RPG, which in subtle ways reveals its Scandinavian origin, starts as a simple quest, but develops into an involved journey. Play as Amon and join several unlikely heroes to save Umbra, a beautiful but harsh world that mysteriously stopped spinning thousands of cycles ago. Mix up your strategy to beat your enemies by crafting ammo and materials, harvesting elemental plants, and customizing your characters’ talent tree.

Source

Edit: full line-up...

On Xbox One, Xbox Live Gold members can download Earthlock: Festival of Magic ($29.99 ERP) for free during the month of September. Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China ($9.99 ERP) will be available as a free download from September 16th to October 15th.

On Xbox 360, starting Thursday, September 1st, Forza Horizon ($19.99 ERP) will be free for Xbox Live Gold members through September 15th. Then on September 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download Mirror’s Edge ($14.99 ERP) for free through September 30th.

-----

Xbox Games with Gold & Deals with Gold: August 2016

Bit late on this one but the rest of the titles were announced;

* Earthlock: Festival of Magic ($29.99 ERP)  during the month of September. on Xbox One

* Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China ($9.99 ERP) will be available from September 16th to October 15th Xbox One

* Forza Horizon ($19.99 ERP): Available from September 1-15 on Xbox 360 & Xbox One

* Mirror's Edge  ($14.99 ERP): Available from September 16-30 on Xbox 360 & Xbox One

Source

On 30/08/2016 at 0:34 PM, George P said:

I'll snag mirrors edge probably, nothing else catches my eye.

Do you not just grab them regardless? I always pick up everything on the off chance I find myself with time to try something new. I learnt that very early on this when Fable 3? was available on X360 and I thought meh but tried anyway and loved it. Don't get me wrong I've probably played about 10% of the games I've acquired through GwG but I'll continue to grab them while they are there. 

1 minute ago, Skiver said:

Do you not just grab them regardless? I always pick up everything on the off chance I find myself with time to try something new. I learnt that very early on this when Fable 3? was available on X360 and I thought meh but tried anyway and loved it. Don't get me wrong I've probably played about 10% of the games I've acquired through GwG but I'll continue to grab them while they are there. 

I don't have the time so I've become more selective, and I'm behind on things as it is.

Just now, George P said:

I don't have the time so I've become more selective, and I'm behind on things as it is.

Fair enough - I don't have my time to play myself, generally only get on once or twice a week at most and that's pretty much exclusively Destiny but I just do it with the thought of if I'm stuck for something to play then I have a crazy backlog that I can dip into.

4 hours ago, George P said:

Another week, another round of deals.

Discounts are valid now through 12 September 2016.

https://majornelson.com/2016/09/05/this-weeks-deals-with-gold-and-spotlight-sale-bandai-namco-publisher-sale/?linkId=28420589

Microsoft delivering again with Games with Gold for the month, but some of those discounts. Battlefield games down to $4.50. Nearly makes me want to go digital over physical :laugh:

Edit - Also Forza 6 price half price, even thought I don't know anyone that already doesn't own it.

So for anyone who doesn't know and as I just discovered, Forza Horizon has a very unique problem via GonD.

Turns out you can only play the game from the first console you bought (or via GwG) and downloaded to. Any other console you try to play your GonD (GwG) copy from results in an "unreadable disc" error.

It's been broken ever since it was released and Xbox Support will direct you to T10 who are silent on the issue.

The only work around is to transfer your licenses between your consoles, which of course is not possible after x amount of times (per year) or title specific. Deleting the game from your HDD and re-downloading is not enough to recover a console license either obviously. That will only provide the XBL license again.

Very annoying! :crazy:

3 minutes ago, Andrew said:

So for anyone who doesn't know and as I just discovered, Forza Horizon has a very unique problem via GonD.

Turns out you can only play the game from the first console you bought (or via GwG) and downloaded to. Any other console you try to play your GonD (GwG) copy from results in an "unreadable disc" error.

It's been broken ever since it was released and Xbox Support will direct you to T10 who are silent on the issue.

The only work around is to transfer your licenses between your consoles, which of course is not possible after x amount of times or title specific. Deleting the game from your HDD and re-downloading is not enough to recover a console license either obviously.

Very annoying! :crazy:

Playing it via Backward Compatibility is VERY buggy too. When paused for an undetermined time (5 to 10 mins for me), the game becomes very laggy, textures pop out and the framerate crawls to a jerk.

This is the worst issue I've encountered with a BC title so far.....

Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 19 September 2016. This week there's also a Warner Bros Publisher Sale so includes titles like Batman: Arkham Knight, Dying Light, a few Lego games and Shadow of Mordor.

Also, all of the BF4 DLC is free at the moment so check that out too!

Source

Anyone have any thoughts on Just Cause 3, I literally had a look this weekend at the game. I was looking for a silly, crazy open world game and this fits the bill. I have heard there are a few issues/bugs with the game so was a little put off.

18 hours ago, dipsylalapo said:

Anyone have any thoughts on Just Cause 3, I literally had a look this weekend at the game. I was looking for a silly, crazy open world game and this fits the bill. I have heard there are a few issues/bugs with the game so was a little put off.

For what I paid at ebgames probably around $20 bucks I had fun with it for a good 20 hours or so, I was mainly focused about going around and clearing the islands and marking territory as my own. In a FarCry kind of way. Always a sucker for those types of games and progression. I didn't notice anything game breaking or notice any issues at all that stick in my mind, you'll get some glitch out sometimes from doing massive destruction but that's about it.

On 9/13/2016 at 5:33 AM, Andrew said:

Specifically the original 5 map packs, not shortcut kits.

Those same map packs are free via Origin for BF4 owners on PC (I have the BF4 trial, and grabbed all the map packs except the last - due to lack of drive space).

6 hours ago, Vandalsquad said:

For what I paid at ebgames probably around $20 bucks I had fun with it for a good 20 hours or so, I was mainly focused about going around and clearing the islands and marking territory as my own. In a FarCry kind of way. Always a sucker for those types of games and progression. I didn't notice anything game breaking or notice any issues at all that stick in my mind, you'll get some glitch out sometimes from doing massive destruction but that's about it.

Yeah I like the Far Cry aspect of it. I to and fro'd for a while but ended up biting the bullet. It wasn't too much money. 

I read that it's a little slow during loading and what you said re. the destruction but should be able to put up with it. Like Far Cry and previous Just Cause games I'll probably sink a lot of hours into the game.

On top of the sale a bunch titles have been added to BC

E4, EnclevermentExperiment, FunTown Mahjong and CoD: World at War

12 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

On top of the sale a bunch titles have been added to BC

E4, EnclevermentExperiment, FunTown Mahjong and CoD: World at War

Yeah, think they got all the 360 CoD games except for MW and MW2 on BC?  

17 minutes ago, George P said:

Yeah, think they got all the 360 CoD games except for MW and MW2 on BC?  

Black Ops 2 and the MW games if I'm correct. I have a feeling they'll be remastered and therefore part of future CoD releases...possibly :p

35 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Black Ops 2 and the MW games if I'm correct. I have a feeling they'll be remastered and therefore part of future CoD releases...possibly :p

Yeah, if they plan on reselling you those games then they're not going to add them to BC, at least not anytime soon.

• Skiver unpinned this topic