VDSL (Fibre) Modem recommendations

I want to replace my BT Home Hub 5 with the following:

1. A VDSL Modem

2. A PfSence Firewall

3. Internal network infrastructure.

I have decided on how to do 2 and 3 but I cannot find a decent VDSL "modem" which does nothing but act as a "modem" transferring everything to the WAN port.  Everything wants to be a switch, or a WAP, or both... I just want a rock solid modem... any recommendations? 

You could get a BT Openreach VDSL modem from ebay (around £20-£30) as they just dump the net out to a WAN port where you do the heavy lifting on that device with dhcp etc.

8 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

You could get a BT Openreach VDSL modem from ebay (around £20-£30) as they just dump the net out to a WAN port where you do the heavy lifting on that device with dhcp etc.

Seconded. They do exactly the job, pretty cheap and guaranteed to work with UK FTTC. If you can, grab a Huawei HG612 3B variant, none of the earlier ones (reliability issues) or the ECI model (nothing wrong in particular, but the Huawei makes it easier to get your line stats).

5 hours ago, Biohead said:

Seconded. They do exactly the job, pretty cheap and guaranteed to work with UK FTTC. If you can, grab a Huawei HG612 3B variant, none of the earlier ones (reliability issues) or the ECI model (nothing wrong in particular, but the Huawei makes it easier to get your line stats).

Yeah I would get the Huawei (I actually have both)