Internet Gateway in Win98FE

Ok I am on DSL and and going through a router and never had the following icon and setting before.. it was automaticly there when I rebooted.

The only think I changed since I rebooted was update the firmware on the router today.

This is totally new... so can anyone confirmed why?

So far i have no trouble with it.. internet access is fine and also can access the other computer.. just wondering how it just all of the sudden was there..

thanks

gateway.jpg

It might help if you posted what model your dsl modem is, as well as what ISP you're using. Personally I've never seen that before in my life, and anything that says "1 byte sent" and "2 bytes recieved" sounds fishy to me.

I have the same thing on my windows ME machine on my network. Its just letting you know that its getting the internet connection from some sort of router or bridge (ie another computer using Internet Connection Sharing or the DSL modem itself), everything is fine.

It seems to pop up about 10 minutes after I start the computer, dont know why it takes so long. Internet works fine in either case though.