Recruitment fliers for a white nationalist group reportedly appeared on Virginia Commonwealth Uni

RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Recruitment fliers for a white nationalist group reportedly appeared on Virginia Commonwealth University’s Monroe Park Campus less than a week into the new school year. One of the fliers reads ‘Faith, Family & Folk,’ promoting the Traditionalist Worker Party.

The Southern Poverty Law Center has described TWP as a group formed in 2015 as the political wing of the Traditionalist Youth Network, which aims to “indoctrinate high school and college students into white nationalism.”
“It’s kind of shocking, you know?” senior VCU student Ciro Alcoba told 8News Reporter Matthew McClellan. “I kind of expected that to be in the past.”

http://wric.com/2016/08/25/recruitment-fliers-for-white-nationalist-group-appear-on-vcu-campus/

1 hour ago, TPreston said:

RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Recruitment fliers for a white nationalist group reportedly appeared on Virginia Commonwealth University’s Monroe Park Campus less than a week into the new school year. One of the fliers reads ‘Faith, Family & Folk,’ promoting the Traditionalist Worker Party.

The Southern Poverty Law Center has described TWP as a group formed in 2015 as the political wing of the Traditionalist Youth Network, which aims to “indoctrinate high school and college students into white nationalism.”
“It’s kind of shocking, you know?” senior VCU student Ciro Alcoba told 8News Reporter Matthew McClellan. “I kind of expected that to be in the past.”

http://wric.com/2016/08/25/recruitment-fliers-for-white-nationalist-group-appear-on-vcu-campus/

They have as much right to be preaching on campuses as any other group of people (such as BLM, etc). Why is this news?

5 minutes ago, Emn1ty said:

They have as much right to be preaching on campuses as any other group of people (such as BLM, etc). Why is this news?

Because The Left Wing Liberals Believe that White People do not have the same rights as Non White people. The Freedom of Speech applies to all races. It does not appear that this group is connected with The KKK or any such group.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TPreston said:

I love all the hate on this article where was that hate for the same reason ?

I guess to some people a bunch of fools on about checking privilege is more offensive than actual white nationalists.

Because that was about a movement that has zero logical precedent behind it, whereas this one (being similar) has been discussed to hell and back again. So the controversial discussion is nill here, whereas this white apologist SJW bull is actually current.

Just now, Emn1ty said:

Because that was about a movement that has zero logical precedent behind it, whereas this one (being similar) has been discussed to hell and back again. So the controversial discussion is nill here, whereas this white apologist SJW bull is actually current.

"They have as much right to be preaching on campuses as any other group of people" :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, TPreston said:

"They have as much right to be preaching on campuses as any other group of people" :rolleyes:

Alright, lets analyze this more in depth then, shall we? One is a matter of recruitment, where like minded people are being requested to meet over a philosophy or ideal (White Nationalists). Their flyer says "Faith, Family & Folk". Literally nothing disagreeable, offensive or even accusatory. If you didn't know who they were beforehand, you could actually completely dismiss the flyer.

On the other hand, you have the "Check your privilege" PSA's. It's not a recruitment for anything, and it directly accuses people of being privileged without them even knowing it. It's inflammatory, it's inconsiderate and most of all it's egotistical. So what is more a problem? A poster which states "Faith, Family & Folk" or one that says, "If you didn't have to think about it, then it's a privilege. Check your privilege."

I'll vote the latter, which vilifies me for just existing.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Emn1ty said:

Alright, lets analyze this more in depth then, shall we? One is a matter of recruitment, where like minded people are being requested to meet over a philosophy or ideal (White Nationalists). Their flyer says "Faith, Family & Folk". Literally nothing disagreeable, offensive or even accusatory. If you didn't know who they were beforehand, you could actually completely dismiss the flyer.

On the other hand, you have the "Check your privilege" PSA's. It's not a recruitment for anything, and it directly accuses people of being privileged without them even knowing it. It's inflammatory, it's inconsiderate and most of all it's egotistical. So what is more a problem? A poster which states "Faith, Family & Folk" or one that says, "If you didn't have to think about it, then it's a privilege. Check your privilege."

I'll vote the latter, which vilifies me for just existing.

Again I suggest you do some research about the poster of the group you are defending.

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/individual/matthew-heimbach

http://www.adl.org/combating-hate/domestic-extremism-terrorism/c/traditionalist-youth-network.html

“We are not separate peoples fighting alone. We are all comrades in the struggle against International Jewry and the Zionist State.”

But hey you focus on combating the terrors of "check your privilege" :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, TPreston said:

Again I suggest you do some research about the poster of the group you are defending.

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/individual/matthew-heimbach

http://www.adl.org/combating-hate/domestic-extremism-terrorism/c/traditionalist-youth-network.html

“We are not separate peoples fighting alone. We are all comrades in the struggle against International Jewry and the Zionist State.”

I don't care what their background is, their flyer is not offensive or inflammatory. The other poster is.

They have a right to recruit, assemble, whatever in a peaceful manner. They also have a right to be vulgar and accusatory in their statements. However, it's not about what you say but how you say it. And in this instance, the Traditionalist Worker's Party has chosen far better words to advertise their cause with than the SJW inspired privilege poster has. Not to mention the completely fallacious statement being made by the SJW poster (whereas the TWP's poster has no such flawed logic at all).

• Like 2