i got sprint to commit to release Win Phone 8.1 GDR2 for Lumia 635

unless we hold them to it. really, what would it cost them to push out a relatively minor update for a minor part of their customer base. they really didn't like the conservation when att got involved.

"I’m sorry you feel this way. Although there is no estimated date of availability to date, the windows update will be available in a timely manner."

If another network released it a year ago, that's a polite way of saying it's not going to happen in my opinion.

Maybe you can de-brand the phone and install the update yourself?

1 minute ago, InsaneNutter said:

"I’m sorry you feel this way. Although there is no estimated date of availability to date, the windows update will be available in a timely manner."

If another network released it a year ago, that's a polite way of saying it's not going to happen in my opinion.

Maybe you can de-brand the phone and install the update yourself?

how would you do that? i'm also in the process of tweeting @roberthackl ... one of sprint's execs trying to hold them accountable.

sorry to rain on your parade, dude, but you got absolutely no commitment.

Unfortunately, a commitment by a lower level customer service agent is not really a commitment at all.

• Like 2

excuse me. i'm just trying to start a little ###### storm in which sprint feels compelled to uphold a minor promise of a low level customer service agent. honestly though.. if nothing else happens i'm leaving sprint. they are garbage service and simply a front for ###### androids.

On 9/5/2016 at 7:43 PM, seta-san said:

how would you do that? .

I don't own the phone, however it's been a similar process for various Nokia / Microsoft phones over the years. This should be a good starting point: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2515453

it's currently working it's way through Corporate Escalations.

att did it more than a year ago. this seems like an update that just fell through the cracks. I got called back yesterday. they said they were working with a technical team to make it happen and that they would call me back again today.

7 minutes ago, seta-san said:

it's currently working it's way through Corporate Escalations.

att did it more than a year ago. this seems like an update that just fell through the cracks. I got called back yesterday. they said they were working with a technical team to make it happen and that they would call me back again today.

they actually called you? :huh: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, satysin said:

I thought Lumia was being retired later this year?

yeah, based on  this:

12 hours ago, Jack 0Neill said:

It doesn't make much sense that sprint is doing much anything.  IMO carriers already have this info and got the "stop doing anything that isnt' critical"

• Like 1