iPhone 7 runs AnTuTu, takes the performance crown

We've seen the iPhone 7 Plus in Geekbench a few days ago, and today its smaller sibling, the iPhone 7, has been put through the paces of the AnTuTu benchmark. It managed to score a record-breaking 178,397 points. For reference, that's around a third more than what the iPhone 6s achieved.

As for the Android-running competition, as of August the best scoring device in the AnTuTu database is the OnePlus 3, with an average result of 140,288 points. No matter how impressive that may be when compared to other Android devices, the iPhone 7 simply demolishes the OnePlus 3 in this benchmark.

gsmarena_002.jpg

gsmarena_003.jpg

Never been much of a numbers guy, but from a numbers standpoint  the iPhone 7 sure does look tempting, I mean the smoothness of iOS combined with all that performance numbers and iOS inhouse(yes I know, walled garden) optimizations, makes for a smooth performance.

How is it, that if apple is emplying a qualcomm solution, there can be that much of a performance gap between the SD820 :huh:

• Like 1

On 9/13/2016 at 3:25 PM, Draconian Guppy said:

We've seen the iPhone 7 Plus in Geekbench a few days ago, and today its smaller sibling, the iPhone 7, has been put through the paces of the AnTuTu benchmark. It managed to score a record-breaking 178,397 points. For reference, that's around a third more than what the iPhone 6s achieved.

As for the Android-running competition, as of August the best scoring device in the AnTuTu database is the OnePlus 3, with an average result of 140,288 points. No matter how impressive that may be when compared to other Android devices, the iPhone 7 simply demolishes the OnePlus 3 in this benchmark.

gsmarena_002.jpg

gsmarena_003.jpg

Never been much of a numbers guy, but from a numbers standpoint  the iPhone 7 sure does look tempting, I mean the smoothness of iOS combined with all that performance numbers and iOS inhouse(yes I know, walled garden) optimizations, makes for a smooth performance.

How is it, that if apple is emplying a qualcomm solution, there can be that much of a performance gap between the SD820 :huh:

Do not forget that iPhone 7 is running at half the resolution of most of these Android flagships.

1 minute ago, ctebah said:

Don't forget the difference between a CPU and a GPU benchmark...

You do realize, the final score is a total of the various tests AnTuTu runs right? It is a combination of GPU and CPU tests.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

You do realize, the final score is a total of the various tests AnTuTu runs right? It is a combination of GPU and CPU tests.

I though Antutu 3DRating Benchmark looked at GPU performance?

4 minutes ago, ctebah said:

I though Antutu 3DRating Benchmark looked at GPU performance?

It might, but the Antutu from the article will test and combine the CPU and GPU(2D and 3D) scores to give you a final score. I believe the test starts with CPU then moves to GPU tests towards the end. What exactly do you think the "3D" meant on the iphone graph? 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Circaflex said:

7 hours ago, ctebah said:

Don't forget the difference between a CPU and a GPU benchmark...

The results are combined in the final score and only the first 4 benchmarks do not test the GPU.