25 Misconception of Science, Invention, History

j/k   I was taught as a child that 2 Canadians invented the light bulb so that we could cook bacon at night.  :s

Henry Woodward was a Canadian inventor and a major pioneer in the development of the incandescent lamp.[1][2]

On July 24, 1874, Woodward and his partner, Mathew Evans, a hotel keeper, filed a Canadian patent application on an electric light bulb.[2][3] It was granted on August 3, 1874 as Canadian patent number 3,738.[4] Woodward was a medical student at the time. Their light bulb comprised a glass tube with a large piece of carbon connected to two wires. They filled the tube with inert nitrogen to get a longer burn life in the filament.[1] Their light bulb was fully effective and sufficiently promising; they sold their U.S. Patent 181,613 to Thomas Edison. Thomas Edison obtained an exclusive license to the Canadian patent. Thomas Edison developed his own design of incandescent lamp with a high resistance thin filament of carbon in a high vacuum contained in a tightly sealed glass bulb which had a sufficiently long service life to be commercially practical.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Woodward_(inventor)

I know, it's a wiki, but just in good fun....:woot:

i haven't seen the video but a corny joke among us Filipinos: we can go into the sun without getting burned if we go in during the night.

• Like 1