Dark Souls maker From Software working on three new games

GameCentral for Metro.co.uk Wednesday 14 Sep 2016 11:40 am

A spiritual sequel to Dark Souls and a reboot for Armored Core seem to be on their way, as well as a brand new franchise that’s ‘a bit weird’.

A new interview with Dark Souls creator Hidetaka Miyazaki has revealed that From Software has three new games currently underway, with strong hints on what at least two of them are.

The interview with 4Gamer.net is all in Japanese, but translations compiled by forum NeoGAF give a fairly clear picture of what the three games are:

Project 1: An action role-playing game with a dark fantasy setting similar to Dark Souls, but approached from a ‘different angle’.

Project 2: A reboot of an existing franchise, with ideas inspired by Dark Souls and other previous franchises.

Project 3: A brand new IP that’s ‘something different from what the company has been doing previously’ and ‘a bit weird’.

Continues...

I absolutely love the Armored Core series.

I hope they don't make it so that you have to repeat the exact same thing over and over again until you pass it though...

12 hours ago, Asmodai said:

I absolutely love the Armored Core series.

I hope they don't make it so that you have to repeat the exact same thing over and over again until you pass it though...

One of the biggest and only flaws with the Souls games is that they punish you for not knowing what's ahead... when you can't know what's ahead without having experienced it. So I hope they work on that in their games as well, because I hate being cheap-shotted by things I couldn't have known about until after being cheap-shotted (like instant-death enemies hiding behind a door I've never been into).

As much as I'd like a Bloodborne2, when they were developing Bloodborne I would have wanted another DS instead and yet it turned out that Bloodborne was awesome... so looking forward that new DS-ish game (at least if it's directed by Miyazaki).