Background Check came back Delayed

So, for all of you gun lovers out there. I went to purchase a .45ACP Springfield XD-S for $439.99 (2 Mags). Went through all the paperwork, and the guy started the check with the Government. It came back as "Delayed". Is there anything I should be worried about? The most I've got on my record is a Misdemeanor for driving with a suspended license, no insurance and speeding in a school zone. Which is almost 10 years ago.

And while I'm at it;

Practice Ammo -

Non-Practice Ammo -

Belt Holster/Hip Holster -

Any suggestions on that stuff?

You ever go and get a security clearance or similar? Mine are always delayed because of it, but have not purchased a gun yet, so not sure if it would trigger anything

Most like case is someone with the same name is in the naughty list and they just need to confirm you are not that other you, also depends on what state you live in, may be some anti gun BS you gotta hop through like we do here in CT in some towns/cities 

3 minutes ago, Anibal P said:

You ever go and get a security clearance or similar? Mine are always delayed because of it, but have not purchased a gun yet, so not sure if it would trigger anything

Most like case is someone with the same name is in the naughty list and they just need to confirm you are not that other you, also depends on what state you live in, may be some anti gun BS you gotta hop through like we do here in CT in some towns/cities 

Well, the 18 year old kid who bought a shotgun before me had no problems. Took it home right then and there, and the freshly turned 21 year old (2 weeks as 21), took her 45 with her, however I get to wait 3 - 5 days, if not longer. Thankfully he said the price was locked in. So, I get it for that.

2 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Yes he did, he posted that a while back.

Great! I'm just going by his avatar! Aww man, his new photos in the Member photos 2016 are broken :(

So they let you work in a DC, I would think there would be background checks before such a job.  So I don't see how background check for a gun would come back denied but they let you work in DC..  If so the people doing the hiring in for the DC need to change their polices..

8 hours ago, xendrome said:

Give it another 3-5 days and it should go through.

Hopefully.

8 hours ago, BudMan said:

So they let you work in a DC, I would think there would be background checks before such a job.  So I don't see how background check for a gun would come back denied but they let you work in DC..  If so the people doing the hiring in for the DC need to change their polices..

You would think. I'm sure it's just a delay over on the other side of the states. I'm supposed to get a phone call when it passes. If I don't, I guess I'd be denied. However, I don't know why I would be denied. We shall see. I'll post pictures too :D

On 9/17/2016 at 5:53 PM, BinaryData said:

So, for all of you gun lovers out there. I went to purchase a .45ACP Springfield XD-S for $439.99 (2 Mags). Went through all the paperwork, and the guy started the check with the Government. It came back as "Delayed". Is there anything I should be worried about? The most I've got on my record is a Misdemeanor for driving with a suspended license, no insurance and speeding in a school zone. Which is almost 10 years ago.

Any guys in black suits or black helicopters following you?  If not, I think you are fine. :p  Wouldnt worry.  You just happen to be one of the lucky ones where it takes longer than others.

2 minutes ago, Draggendrop said:

This thread has been cleaned.

Please stay on topic...warns are next..

Wait, what?

1 minute ago, techbeck said:

Any guys in black suits or black helicopters following you?  If not, I think you are fine. :p  Wouldnt worry.  You just happen to be one of the lucky ones where it takes longer than others.

My buddy got his instantly, he was in there a few hours before I was. He also bought a lot more, probably 2 or 3 grand worth. =/

11 minutes ago, BinaryData said:

Wait, what?

My buddy got his instantly, he was in there a few hours before I was. He also bought a lot more, probably 2 or 3 grand worth. =/

who knows what that was about. The "Post on topic" in the rules concerns posting a new topic in the correct place, doesn't concern general discussion within a post... but whatever

sucks that you got the "delayed" message, should be interesting to find out why. hope everything works out tho

24 minutes ago, jjkusaf said:

Did you get a SSBI or a NACI with your current employment?  Could be one reason...since you have a recent "investigation."  

SSBI / NACI?

21 minutes ago, KnightWolf said:

who knows what that was about. The "Post on topic" in the rules concerns posting a new topic in the correct place, doesn't concern general discussion within a post... but whatever

sucks that you got the "delayed" message, should be interesting to find out why. hope everything works out tho

Yeah. I do too. I've wanted one for a long time. Dunno why I'd get my CWP (Concealed Weapons Permit), and be denied a gun, requires an FBI BG Check, and I passed that pretty damn fast, I think I got mine after a week, normally its 1 - 3 months.

2 hours ago, Draggendrop said:

This thread has been cleaned.

Please stay on topic...warns are next..

I thought I stayed completely on topic and answered questions the OP had asked...

• Like 1

Just as a note...for those that are inquiring

The thread received a page and some, cleaning, due to arguments that were off topic and derailing the OP's thread.

You guys missed it and my post now looks out of place now.

Has nothing to do for those discussing things now.

Thanks

2 hours ago, jjkusaf said:

Security clearances (not sure what the civilian equivalents are called).

Ahhh... I was en route for a Secret Level Clearance while I worked on a Government Contracted Data Center, however I ended up leaving before it was completely done. I think they are just backlogged, thats all.

29 minutes ago, Draggendrop said:

Just as a note...for those that are inquiring

The thread received a page and some, cleaning, due to arguments that were off topic and derailing the OP's thread.

You guys missed it and my post now looks out of place now.

Has nothing to do for those discussing things now.

Thanks

Thanks Draggendrop.

Update:

Called the place I went too, and still no word on it. Hopefully I'll get a phone call later this week, if I don't have one by the end of the month, screw it. They can keep the damn gun, I'll keep my $500 and go spend it on new PC parts. Little ridiculous at how long this takes.

• Like 1

nice toy.

I was about to post some encouraging words about - never worry about delays in background checks - the US has a long, clear habit of hiring the bottom of the barrel for the desk clerks in the govt office staff.

Think about DMV, staff @ police stations, any time you need to deal with any branch of the govt - it is riddled with the absolute worse society has to offer (withstanding the ones who wont work)

Anytime a company is front and center and has to deal with meeting demographic quotas - you are going to have the most incompetent people in the running.  (my background check @ work took 2 months !  all because the 3rd party company they use didnt know the difference between DWLI & DWI)

I was going to say - dont worry - you know a lot of about systems, computers, processes - its a mess.  You have to take common sense, and rational thought out of the process.

BUT - it doesnt matter , because you are the proud owner of a new sidearm !  congrats.

9 hours ago, T3X4S said:

nice toy.

I was about to post some encouraging words about - never worry about delays in background checks - the US has a long, clear habit of hiring the bottom of the barrel for the desk clerks in the govt office staff.

Think about DMV, staff @ police stations, any time you need to deal with any branch of the govt - it is riddled with the absolute worse society has to offer (withstanding the ones who wont work)

Anytime a company is front and center and has to deal with meeting demographic quotas - you are going to have the most incompetent people in the running.  (my background check @ work took 2 months !  all because the 3rd party company they use didnt know the difference between DWLI & DWI)

I was going to say - dont worry - you know a lot of about systems, computers, processes - its a mess.  You have to take common sense, and rational thought out of the process.

BUT - it doesnt matter , because you are the proud owner of a new sidearm !  congrats.

Totally stoked about it. 1 of the 5 guns I want has been checked off my "Bucket List".

1. First Handgun (I was looking at Springfield XD originally)

2. AK-47

3. AR-15

4. 1911s

5. Barrett .50 Cal (Before I'm hitched and not allowed to spend money on those kinds of toys... Plus, everyone needs an anti-tank rifle :D )

• Like 2