Man stabs 8 at Minnesota mall before cop kills him; IS claims him

21 minutes ago, PGHammer said:

Gary7 - it's the "bad apple" problem.  It affect ALL immigration; illegal and legal alike.  It's also not unique to the United States.  However, liberals in general want nothing to do with it.  (See my own thread "Illegal Immigration and Crime - Why the Left Wants None of It" in RWI.)  Before terrorism came along as a separate issue, the bigger issue was gangs/organized crime and THAT immigration connection (which is why I refused to start the thread in Domestic Politics; the issue applies to all nations, not just one - it's also not US-specific.)  Terrorism IS calling more attention TO the vetting issue; however, to be plain, terrorism is not the only reason FOR the issue.

I understand and have a few Muslim Friends. I lived in The Detroit Area for 2 years and got to know and work with many Muslims. Dearborn , Michigan is probably has the largest population of Muslims in the world. I have yet to meet one that I did not like. Not all Muslims are terrorists, There are bad apples in every group , But the fact is that at the present time we are dealing with Islamic Terrorists and those that they have brainwashed.

13 hours ago, oldtimefighter said:

Another anti-democratic, anti-justice American. :(

He understands the Teuller Drill which trains for exactly what happened; a charging knife attacker within 7 meters who took several shots to finalky put down.  The cop was a certified Concealed Carry instructor, doing what he taught.

Any trained concealed carrier, armed security or cop would have responded pretty much the same. I certainly would have.

24 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

I doubt that...

Not in the world, but Dearborn is about 49% muslin (98,100 total population) and houses the largest Mosque in North America (Shi'a.) Michigan has had a thriving Muslim/middle Eastern community since the 1800's. They're teachers, shopkeepers, mayor's, judges, cops...you name it. Want great meats,? Hit the closest halal butcher shop.