VOIP phones at home?

I just got two VOIP phones.

I really want to use them in my house but I have no idea what it takes to make it happen.

I have of course looked online for instructions but they are all so confusing I just do not understand.

I have a network going in my house with up to 15 computers Unifi AP devices and jacks running through my house all done by me.

I am not a stranger to networking but this is getting very confusing.

I keep getting instructions about disconnecting the phone company lines, but I do not care about that. I don't want to use my old phone line jacks.

I just need some down and dirty EASY step by step instructions for setting up these phones.

I have FIOS internet. I will run new lines to the phones.

I have the POE devices for the phones and everything.

The phones I have are AASTRA 6737i 

Can someone please help me set this up??

Thank you.

who is your voip provider?  Your going to need to forward the ports into your phones.  Are these phones going to just be 1 phone number.  Forwarding sip to multiple devices is a going to be an issue.

Some voip providers the phones will make the outbound connection and you don't have to forward anything.

On a side note I caught the Bob Weir documentary on netflix the other week, nicely done.  If you have not seen it might want to check it out, since clearly your a deadhead ;)

you need a voip provider.   vonage or your isp might offer service.  There may be a minimum of phones though, you would need to check with them. 

You can also search for "cloud pbx providers" or "voip providers" for companies that provide voip services. 

Just like an internet service provider to provide you internet service, you will need a voice service provider to provide you voice service.  Can't just plug in and go.

here is something to get you started.

https://getvoip.com/hosted-pbx/

Ok yeah that's the thing. I do not have a VOIP provider.

thanks guys.

and thanks BUDMAN yes I have seen the Bob Weir film on Netflix. The day it came out.

If you ever get a chance in your area to catch any incarnation of the Grateful Dead you should. 

Oh I have been to many shows over the years.  Even took a summer and hit 5 shows in 6 days ;)

And I recently hit their last show in Chicago - wore my 30th anniversary tour shirt to their 50th... It was a fantastic night, got to go with my 26 year old niece, it was her first show..

• 1 month later...