‘At least’ 26 claimed Galaxy Note 7 fires deemed hoaxes by Samsung

Didn't see this on Neowin's main page I'm not surprised of course:

By Adrian Diaconescu | September 22, 2016 5:58 AM

Despite an estimated $1 billion initial recall cost, $26 billion of market value lost just like that as of last week, and numerous PR blunders bound to translate into even more “heartbreaking” damages, especially as far as public perception goes, Samsung could ultimately survive the Galaxy Note 7 explosion fiasco.

The Korean tech giant is starting to prove it has what it takes to overcome possibly the most difficult moment in its recent history, kicking off exchanges all around the world, somehow even rebooting sales here and there, and finally ensuring original Note 7 owners are well aware of their devices posing a serious fire hazard.

Meanwhile, Samsung also thought it wise to set the record straight in terms of fraudulent incident claims. As it turns out, the phone that blew up in China due to “external heating” isn’t alone on the hoax boat, with a total of 12 such reports concluding in no battery fault found, an additional seven cases where the alleged “victim” couldn’t be reached to begin a proper investigation, and seven more instances of withdrawn accusations or sketchy claims of accidental Galaxy Note 7 dumping.

Continues...

-----

If you plan on posting news that is from other sources or news sites, please keep the following in mind:

1) Please do not post entire articles from other sources. Most news organizations prohibit copy & pasting of their entire article.
It is against the "fair usage" policy set by most news outlets. They expect a paragraph posted, at most, with a link to their article's web page.

2) Make sure that you link to the original article. Not quoting a copied article is against the copyright laws of most countries.

3) When linking to external sources, keep thread and article titles the same.

Edited by Andrew

Can't say that I'm surprised. My first thoughts when I heard about the issues with the phone was 'How much of this is real?' there's always the group looking to prophet in some way from a problem such as this.