Wood for a DIY Desk

So I'm building a desk.

I've ordered an oak kitchen worktop. I've got a set of drawers that I'm going to put in the middle (underneath) and then brace it at the back and sides with some wood. It'll be against a wall on those three sides.

It'll have a sewing machine on one side, the other is a keyboard and mouse. Monitor will be on the wall.

I'll be building a section on the side, which will have some A4 box files at the bottom (on the carpet) and house the PC on top (it's a Shuttle PC so not very tall!).

What sort of wood should I use to build the section housing the PC?

As the room will be carpeted, should I have a chair on wheels or one that doesn't move? Obviously I don't want to wear grooves into the carpet, as that's what happened at our old place.

Thanks

I would use oak so that it matches with the top. Just make sure that there is plenty of ventilation where you are storing the PC. Definitely go with a chair on wheels.  Just get a floor mat to go over the carpet.

Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Floortex-Phthalate-Free-Carpets-Rectangular-PF119225EV/dp/B007VZYEEK/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1474640262&sr=8-5&keywords=carpet+chair+mat