sigh geforce ii mx woes...

K i just formated, a clean install of windows xp. I go to windows update and dl the new drivers available 23.10. now any game that i run..the pic is horizontally compressed and moved right offscreen. why is it doing this? it does thsi with every driver after 22.80.. someone plz shed some light. tia.

thanx for the help guys..tried the 27.xx drivers and they worked perfectly..but i still get the bsod when I click on my opengl tab in the advanced display properties. oh well you win some you lose some. :D

i've tried all the drivers. anything after 12.40 gives me the bsod when I click the advanced tab in the display properties. it got better now, before it use to crash when i clicked advanced, now i can go up to additional properties and look at the d3d tab and and the 3d antialiasing tab. if i click the opengl tab, overlay controls, or desktop utilities, the screen like gives a quick flash, then the comp freezes for 10 sec, then the bsod.

You guys think that its because my card is pci?

GeForce II MX (Prophet, from Hercules, PCI)

Windows XP

384mbs of ram

Intel Chipset, I guess the mobo is from compaq.

PIII 750

thanx for the reply guys.

Hey I know were you are coming from

I have the same card and I have the same probs the only workaround I have come up with is to set the AGP to 1X in the bios it works for me (stable)

It must be a Herc problem.... it pi##'s me right off

I feel you pain !!!!