CD writing under XP problem

XP will no longer recognise a writable CD when I try to write files even though the wizard will list files on the writable CD.

I have applied the update patch then unistalled it but the problem still exists. Any ideas?:right:

Are you trying to add files to a cd-rom that you have written files to or just trying to access files on the cd-rom, and are you talking about cd-r's or cd-rw's? :ponder:

When I put a new blank cd disc or one I have had files on, it is not recognised as a writable CD even though the first screen will show what has been recorded before. When the wizard goes to the stage of writing on the CD it states 'put a writable cd in drive'. It simply refuses to recognise anything! This did not happen before I used the cd update from the Windows update site. I uninstalled this update but it has made no difference to the problem. I can not write cd using the XP program.

Note that Nero will write cds so it is not the writer that is the problem.

If oyu have already written to the cd whether its a cd-r or a cd-rw windows xp refuses to let u add more files to it, if its a cd-rw u have to format it again and then put the files on, but i seriously recommend u just use nero, nero burns cd's quicker because it spends less time reading and caching the files first and it also supports burn-proof