Extract Vocals from mp3?

no way.

depends on the track, really.. some are mixed down different than others.. there are filters and plugins out there, but like i said, some work, some don't, on some tracks, on some not..

google it.

I've tried google, but I'm not really exactly sure on what to search. I tried "extracting vocals from an mp3", and results wern't really helpful.

You can scrap the vocals out (ie, karaoke), but that'll only work if it's mixed right. But if you can get rid if 'em, you can probably extract 'em aswell!

Ok ive read up extensively on this subject. It is almost impossible to extract vocals. What programs do when they extract vocals is they eliminate or dampen a certain frequency range that is known to be the human vocal range. Problem lies where the music overlaps this frequency range (it almost always does). For 60% vocal loss, youll lose 90% of the music seemingly. You're better off, like autoexec said, to look on kazaa for vocalized versions of songs. DJs usually use studio copies of vocal tracks to make remixes.

Check This Out

Mixing the waveform of a full version of a track, with an inverted waveform of an unaltered instrumental of the same track. Uses the fact that mixing a waveform with a similar but inverted wave causes the waves to balance out into silence. This methoed balances out the music, and leaves the vocals.

:D Yet to try it though.

Mixing the waveform of a full version of a track, with an inverted waveform of an unaltered instrumental of the same track. Uses the fact that mixing a waveform with a similar but inverted wave causes the waves to balance out into silence. This methoed balances out the music, and leaves the vocals.

That will only work if you are working with 'tracked' music, as in a studio, where you can mix.

An MP3 is nothing more than a copy of a merged, completed works.

It's like asking to take the eggs out of a cake after it's been cooked. :pinch:

What song is it? If the song has a singles cd it includes the album version of the song, the clean version of the song, the acapella versiona, the instrumental version and some bonus tracks.

That will only work if you are working with 'tracked' music, as in a studio, where you can mix.

It's like asking to take the eggs out of a cake after it's been cooked.  :pinch:

nice wording :yes:

/edit happy 500th to me

It's like asking to take the eggs out of a cake after it's been cooked. :pinch:

He's talking about doing it with full and instrumental mixes on a single...:/

ya, exactly, its not too hard to get hold of an uncompressed version, and its instrumental. And most singles cds contain only the oringial album version, instrumental, and one other mixed version. Only few contain acapella versions of the song.

i'm very sure there is a way. however, you would need a professional audio editing program (i don't know of any).

my bet would be first to remove the bass, then to cut out each element one by one till you get the vocals. granted, don't expect it to be perfect.

ya, exactly, its not too hard to get hold of an uncompressed version, and its instrumental. And most singles cds contain only the oringial album version, instrumental, and one other mixed version. Only few contain acapella versions of the song.

Well, get a hold of the uncompressed instrumental, and an uncompressed original (must be same edit), and have a go at the thing posted above.

ya I've had a go at it using Ja Rule - Clap Back, and well the results sounded good at first, but there are bits in the middle where all instruments can be heard again. Not a very satsfactorial job.

This depends on the music track

It is the convention to put the vocals as centre material

This means it will come out of both left and right speakers exactly the same whereas ither instruments may come from only left or right or a little different from each.

If the track does have this centre material you can use sound forge to cut the centre stuff and then paste it somewhere else

This method sometimes works but the results cannot be predicted. Some songs may have another instrument as centre material also and in this case it cannot be done unless you have the original recordings.

BobMarley:

I have an issue with your post. It was informative, concise and correct. However, I have issue...

You beat me to it. Damn!

On a side note, if you want a good song to try this with, the Album version of Michael Jackson - Black Or White has near perfect separation.