LeBron: "I'm a soldier."

Winslow may have deserved crap for his attitude, but not for the soldier comment particularly. He wasnt talking about soldier like a warrior for a country either, he just finished playing a big game, a football game, a very rough sport and he was fired up. People are too sensitive these days.

reminds me of when i was at purdue, when the US went to afghanistan, we had brees as qb, and the football theme of the year was "air strike". some people complained, so they had to change the theme, and we had to stop shooting the cannon when we scored a touchdown. now that is pathetic.

Winslow may have deserved crap for his attitude, but not for the soldier comment particularly. He wasnt talking about soldier like a warrior for a country either, he just finished playing a big game, a football game, a very rough sport and he was fired up. People are too sensitive these days.

For me, it's not about sensitivity. It's about responsible actions. That's all I would like to see. And maybe it's too much of a wish; maybe I have too high of hopes. But, young people emulate athletes. I know I did when I was younger. I wanted to be Michael Jordan so bad, I would try to walk, talk, play (unsuccessfully), etc.

And because athletes' actions are glorified, it's even more of a responsibility. How come we don't turn on ESPN and hear about all of the charities and community work that alot of professional athletes do? Why aren't there more stories on guys like Kevin Garnett, who never get into trouble, always play their hardest, and respect their profession? Because people want to see the other side, right? They want to see the drama.

Maybe his comments didn't deserve the criticism. But, I hardly feel sorry for him, I don't sympathize with him, and I certainly do NOT compare him to a soldier, something some of best of friends do every single day. He sprained his ankle for God's sake.

Did you even read this XT or are you as sad as your eagles looked tonight. Nothing was said about how good LeBron was, I like Melo more, and it's Carmelo since you are such a fan. GO PANTHERS!!! No seriously, McNabb looked good tonight riding pine.

Maybe his comments didn't deserve the criticism. But, I hardly feel sorry for him, I don't sympathize with him, and I certainly do NOT compare him to a soldier, something some of best of friends do every single day. He sprained his ankle for God's sake.

You do realize that you're about the only person I've seen complain about this, right? No one, not even himself, compares Lebron to a soldier. Again, you must get it through your head that it was figuratively said.

Did you even read this XT or are you as sad as your eagles looked tonight. Nothing was said about how good LeBron was, I like Melo more, and it's Carmelo since you are such a fan. GO PANTHERS!!! No seriously, McNabb looked good tonight riding pine.

Yeah, that wasn't even in the conversation.