How to find the tempo of any mp3 track

this is a fairly complex and large program...is there any simpler one because tap tempo actually has a whole range of features including midi recording and stuff that I will never need.

Thanks for the advice though Jon.

any others?

I have SoundForge but does it have an option to work out the actual tempo of the mp3 thats being played or edited?

[EDIT] I know it can change the tempo of a piece, but wouldn't it be a lot easier to simply know the tempo of a track you want to mix with, and then ,match it up, or find a track with the same tempo.

I have SoundForge but does it have an option to work out the actual tempo of the mp3 thats being played or edited?

[EDIT] I know it can change the tempo of a piece, but wouldn't it be a lot easier to simply know the tempo of a track you want to mix with, and then ,match it up, or find a track with the same tempo.

which version do you have?

not to be rude....but i have soundforge 7.0a ...and i went to help and typed in tempo and found out how to do it in 5 seconds.....and im pretty sure soundforge 6 is the same....the main difference between 6 and 7 was that Sony took over the company...other than that there are very minor changes.....take a look in help :)