[OFFICIAL] Gaming Setups Thread (PC & Console)

7 actually, also have a wired for the PC :p

You just need one more.. to complete the circle. of the 2 360's. And you have a new bed? :laugh:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My room:

The modded Xbox and jtagged 360 that sit on a shelf at the bottom of my bed.

my-room-2010.jpg

For anyone who got the wrong idea about my modded consoles...

my-games-2010.jpg

Behind the TV is an Acer Aspire Revo Nettop that runs XBMC, the paper over it covers an annoying flashing light.

behind-tv-in-my-room.jpg

The computer room:

The non modded 360 with a hacked 250gb hard drive and the GameCube.

computer-room-2010.JPG

My gaming PC with a motivational poster about Flying Sharks :p

The various rooms in the house all connect to the gigabit switch by the printer.

my-pc-2010.jpg

Please forgive my awful bedroom but here is my latest system.

Specifications:

Asus Sabertooth X58 Motherboard

Core i7 950 @ 4.2 Ghz

6 GB (2 GB x 3) Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1600 ram in tri-channel.

EVGA Nvidia Geforce 460 GTX Superclocked

Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 TV Tuner

2 TB Hitachi SATA Drive

320 GB 2.5" HDD

LG BD-RW Drive

All housed in a Cooler Master HAF X RC-942-KKN1 case. CPU is overclocked to 4.2 Ghz and I am using a Thermaltake Frio. System was built by myself with quite a bit of sweat. I've made some mistakes building my systems, my last mistake put my current i7 system out of commission for a while since I bent and broke a few of the cpu pins. I sold my old system and used that money to purchase a new motherboard to get the system running again.

I had another 2 TB HDD, which I had sitting on top of my case and my damn cat knocked it off. After that I accidentally dropped the drive on the floor when it slipped out of my hand and the system won't recognize the drive, the drive just ticks when it spins up now. I would of had another GTX 460 in SLI and a SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium Pro but I put it in my old system which I sold on Ebay.

post-192957-12876274414363.jpg

post-192957-12876275654785.jpg

post-192957-12876275827026.jpg

I cry, I have my awesome HP Pavilion dv7-d185dx with an extra 500 GB HD I threw in it (also has a 250 GB that I ripped out my PS3) and right now I am having stupid power issues. The original power cord stopped working so I ordered a new one off ebay. Apparently, my laptop is "too smart" and sees that the one I got is a "replacement" not Genuine part so it won't let the laptop turn on while charging. Can't even just run off AC power or anything. Kinda crappy.

• 2 months later...