Longhorn Internet Explorer

Well, from what I've heard, XP Service Pack 2 (due out in a few months) is gonna include some of the improvements found in Longhorn's IE, such as a pop-up blocker, and I believe a download manager.

Well, from what I've heard, XP Service Pack 2 (due out in a few months) is gonna include some of the improvements found in Longhorn's IE, such as a pop-up blocker, and I believe a download manager.

I've heard this as well!

yes but the version that will be included in the final longhorn will be different

• 2 weeks later...

it would be nice if longhorn had pop-ups routed to notifications that have links to the pop up urls; and then a pop up blocker which filters out ads like junkmail. popups are annoying even if they are legitimate, notifications would be a nice unintrusive way to handle them

is microsoft planning this

it would be nice if longhorn had pop-ups routed to notifications that have links to the pop up urls; and then a pop up blocker which filters out ads like junkmail. popups are annoying even if they are legitimate, notifications would be a nice unintrusive way to handle them

is microsoft planning this

If you're looking for this feature I suggest you take a look at MSN Explorer (9). There's been a lot of talk that Microsoft will likely migrate more towards MSN Explorer and away from IE (at least in consmuer OSes). Now I am referring to the UI. I am fully aware that MSN Explorer is really just a wrapper for IE.

MSN Explorer allows you to block pop-ups but can notify you with a thumbnail/icon/sound. It's an interesting feature that I myself don't really like.

xpsp2 will include an updated version of IE all it adds is popup blocker and a couple things that could be deemed useful, but the IE that comes with longhorn will not be available to xp

Most copies of IE are rubbish anyway - M$ don't seem to innovate with features that ain't to do with copy protection and making more money, like mouse gestures :@

I use opera 7.5p1 and it kicks the sorry ass of any browser out their - yeah, I liked firefox, but there are nice features and prettyer skins for Opera, and I don't like FF's dload system (confusing).

<< post edited >>

well just to confirm to some of you, yes. it will be released with XPSP2. but there will be no download manager! :crazy: just the popup stop feature (i love it)

thats all i can tell u for now....sp2 is takin quite a while...