Post Your Case Mods

Checkout mine...

I am Xtreme modder from India...

8B07A402.jpg

:no: Not my style, the cables are all over the place ( in the cabinet of course ) . And why do you have your PC on your dining table?

My P.C. Is custom built. Kicking tail and taking names by way of AMD sempron 2500 o.c. at 2.2 gigs ati 1300 pro, 1 gb ram (kignston and Patriot) creative sound blaster live 7.1, 2 silverstone fans, 2 antac tri-cools, Cd-RW, DVD rw. This thing is really a beast. I can play killer games (Need for Speed most wanted and Madden 07 right now).Notice the cutout job for direct cpu cooling, Not the prettiest thing in the world, but very effective. It's a thoroughbred running at 32C. post-224534-1179455605_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

hi,

i m interested to get the basic guidence for modding cpu with acrilic sheets and all.

also was thee any substitute for UV Lights?

pls guideme

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i wouldn't really say this is a case mod or anything, just recently purchased an Antec P180B so ive spent a bit of time getting it in place.

0000023po4.th.jpg

0000026rd3.th.jpg

0000027pj4.th.jpg

Edited by Tel

cool cases im trying to have better cable management my case is a raidmax smilodon if i can get better wiring ill keep the case if not what cases is good with lots of room for around $100

About 3 weeks ago, I decided to replace my Kingwin AWC-1 cooling system for the Vantec Stingray into my Coolermaster Wavemaster Silver.

case_small.jpg

Well, then I decided to chop, cut and paint since I had it all apart anyways. I also made a couple modifications to the Stingray so that it will stay in my case, and not run as an external unit.

I do wish a kept a work log, but there was no plan. Everytime I finished something, I thought of another idea.

I polished the accent pieces to a shine... well, I had a car detailer do it, but he owed me a favour anyways. Not sure why I chose orange, but it seemed like a good idea at the time. And then It turned out better than I expected.

DSCF1910.jpg

Added a window to the side.

DSCF1916.jpg

I sleeved all the wires and hid the others behind the mobo. Only decided to cool the CPU, but going to break into the video card in a few days.

DSCF1917.jpg

DSCF1937.jpg

Added a couple UV lights.

DSCF1926.jpg

To get the resevoir and pump in the case, I needed 3 bays. I mounted onto part of a case for an old CD rom. I then used a piece of lexan I had left from the window and painted a border on it to keep it clean. I then added a bent piece of lexan behind the unit to hide the pump and other wires. LED installed to the power connection on the mobo in behind the resevoir so I can see the level.

DSCF1912.jpg

DSCF1922.jpg

And then the big ass radiator on the back. Thank god that Vantec designed it to mount on more than just a 12cm spot.

DSCF1940.jpg

I also dropped my floppy (forgot I had it in) and got a multi card reader.

So here is the total list of what was done:

Window

Primer (3 coats), paint (4 coats), clear coat (3 coats)

Polishing of accent pieces

New Vantec Stingray cooling unit (with modified pump and resevoir)

UV lights and sleeving

New card reader

I also found a faster CPU at work, so I switched them (had a 2.8 oc'd to 3.1, now have 3.0 oc'd to 3.4). Just don't tell my boss ;)

And all I intended on doing was install a new cooling system... and then I created my little orange monster.

Here are the specs.

Proc: P4 3.0 oc'd to 3.4 (s478)

Mobo: Asus P4P800-E Deluxe

Mem: 1GB

Vid: ATI Radeon x700 with ATI TV Wonder Pro

HD: 2x Seagate 200GB ide, no raid

CD: Plextor PX-716A DVD Writer

Powr: Thermaltake 480Watt

CPU Temps

Idle: 37C

Load: 42.5C

Mobo Temps

Idle: 33C

Load: 38C

I know Vista sucks, but just learning and familiarizing myself with it so I can support it for clients. Going to multi boot in time with Vista, XP, Linux, and OSX (I have osx running in a virtual machine, just waiting for the time to put it on a real machine).

The only upgrade I am looking to do in the near future is memory. And then I will start on a new project after that, as I think I will be happy with this computer.

Now, what should I mod next... this stuff is addicting.

• 3 weeks later...

No case mod, really, but:

DSC009462.jpg

How do I manage my cables better? D:

Also, I've seen Antec P180B with a window. Where can I get one of these windows without the whole case? (Just the side, not a window kit)

Firstly, I would get a sleeving kit and bundle the wires together. http://www.vantecusa.com/product-pcmods.html It will also add a little flash to your system once the window is in.

Then I would get the drill and dremel out and add holes to the back of the MOBO tray. Most of the holes can be placed behind your MOBO and then you can wrap it around. Also, get a bunch of zip ties. You can run them in a line down the inside side of the CD Rom tray. I also bundled the slack of my wires behing the MOBO tray, just so I dont have to see it. If I get a chance, I will take some pictures and post how I routed cables in my system (just getting ready to move next week).

The window on the other hand is really simple. I found that if I purchased a windowed side for my case, it wasnt cheap. And being one wanting to save money where I can, I cut my own window. Just measure and plot out your attack on the side. Keep in mind, you will want to leave about an inch extra around the edge of the window so you have something to mount the window to. Get your hands on a drill, and drill a couple of pilot holes on the inside of there the window will be. Mask the side of your case with some tape to prevent scratching the good part of your case. The borrow a jigsaw (if you dont have one already), with a blade for cutting metal, and cut it out. Take your time to keep your lines straight. Once you have your window cut, then file down the edges until smooth and straight. Again, just take your time, or you will just ruin the side.

Then head down to the hardware store, and purchase a small sheet of plexy. I recommend 1/8" (cost about $20 CAD for a 2'x3' if i remember correctly). Cut to fit with about 1" overlap around the edges. You can then drill some holes to screw it on, or you can glue it on using a hot glue gun (take your time with this, as it can be messy).

I would hide the bottom portion of the case, and just have the window showing the MOBO and part of the drive bays. If you plan it all out, it will look awesome.

And if you were close by, I would help you. I really want to mod another case.

• 2 weeks later...
I couldn't agree more, excellent upgrade! :)

Love it already, soo clean and nice colour!

ORANGE

• 3 weeks later...
I paint this case by hand in 3 days

and I sales in $350

Named PUERTORRA

53okvn6.png

Great looking mod. The only thing I would suggest is finding a way to paint the drive faces to match (but then if you every changed cases they would look weird).

• 4 weeks later...

Mine so far.

1.JPG

2.jpg

still need to tidy up cabling a little more-especially pump side..

specs:

Lian li pc343b case + home made side panels. :clap:

Q6600 o/c to 3.0ghz for now. i dont even see the need for more power atm:rofl:

bfg 8800ggtx oc 630/2000mhz

gigabyte Dq6 mobo.

120.3 rad (on blue loop)+120.2 rad (on yellow loop-yes its yellow!! not green.)

4gb corsair dominator mem.

150gb raptor+hdd water block

2.5tb of additional storage (yellor and green sata conenctions :p in the pic)

a bfg physx card which was DOA...hmm..:down: will get a refund and use money towards something else.

will post more pics soon... what you dont see is the alphacool lcd which is mounted topside (since my case sits on the floor) its easier for me to read the panel.

• 1 month later...