Outlook help

Question

When I try to opne Outlook Express I get the error: "Outlook Express could not be started. The application was unable to open the Outlook Express message store. Your computer may be out of memory or your disk is full. Contact Microsoft support for further assistance. (0x800700E,126)"

Then when I click OK I get the message: "Outlok Express could not be started because MSOE.DLLcoiuld not be initialized. Outlook Express could not be installed correctly."

Well, I have enough memory (512Mb) and free disk space (2 GB free). Also, when I tried to reinstall Outlook by redownloading IE6 i get a message that my version of IE is newer and therefore can't be reinstalled.

BTW, I have Windows XP with IE6 and Outlook Express 6.

Any ideas?

7 answers to this question

Well, sheesh. Thanks for the overwelming reply ;)

Anyaways, I solved the problem by finding the msoe50.inf file, right clicking it and choosing install. Not sure why it worked, but it did. The file is in the Windows/inf folder.

At this situation i consult you repair Outlook Express 6, this tool can repairing folders of Outlook Express, support to repair for Outlook Expres files in a Batch mode and repairing of the attached files are obligatory, also save the repaired dbx files in the safe folder, they can be useful, support *.dbx file formats: MS Outlook Express 5/6 and repair for Outlook Expres files in a Batch mode.

Hi, I know this is such an extremely old thread but this is the problem my sister is having. They are running Windows XP Home Edition with SP2. They recently had the Pageforsafety.com spyware but we fixed it and IE7 is back to normal. The problem is that OE won't work, they get this error messages shown in the first post. I did try to move the dbx files away but still get the errors. I've even tried to reinstall by going to windows\inf and right-clicking on msoe50.inf. That works but it asks for setup50.exe from the XP CD. Since they don't have a XP CD, only recovery discs, I tried using my XP Pro Upgrade CD but the system won't find it on there. There is no inf/i386 folder on their system (which is why it is asking me to find Setup50.exe (not simply asking me to put in the disc, but asking me to find the actual setup file)).

Besides reinstalling (which is not an absolute solution sincce they have heavily customized the system and there are multiple of users with work on the computer, how do I get Outlook Express working?

Never mind. In the end I told them about Thunderbird and they were happy that it is very similar in interface and usage terms and got me to install it for them. They seem to be happy now. The OE is still unsolved because I don't use OE and haven't used it in years.

Hi, I know this is such an extremely old thread but this is the problem my sister is having. They are running Windows XP Home Edition with SP2. They recently had the Pageforsafety.com spyware but we fixed it and IE7 is back to normal. The problem is that OE won't work, they get this error messages shown in the first post. I did try to move the dbx files away but still get the errors. I've even tried to reinstall by going to windows\inf and right-clicking on msoe50.inf. That works but it asks for setup50.exe from the XP CD. Since they don't have a XP CD, only recovery disc's, I tried using my XP Pro Upgrade CD but the system won't find it on there. There is no inf/i386 folder on their system (which is why it is asking me to find Setup50.exe (not simply asking me to put in the disc, but asking me to find the actual setup file)).

Besides reinstalling (which is not an absolute solution sincce they have heavily customized the system and there are multiple of users with work on the computer, how do I get Outlook Express working?

As you are using a OEM system you need to point to the i386 folder on the drive. This your substitute for a CD on this kind of scenario

Never mind. In the end I told them about Thunderbird and they were happy that it is very similar in interface and usage terms and got me to install it for them. They seem to be happy now. The OE is still unsolved because I don't use OE and haven't used it in years.

There is a good tool-outlook recovery dbx,which I found in google.And it solved my problems in minutes and free of cost.Moreover software could show repair your email, when other ways to prevent data corruption are useless and they could not stop an attack.